Monday, July 28, 2014

What a great mini vacation...

Well, we are home from our little get away to the mountains.  Clothes are washing, Emma & Evan are napping, Justin is working and instead of napping like I'd like to be doing...I am going to update the blog!  If any of you are looking for a quick little trip I HIGHLY recommend going to Blowing Rock, NC and the Tweetsie Railroad.  We had such a good time.  This was the neatest...cleanest little town I've seen in a long time.  There were tons of little shops and parks and all kinds of things.  The Tweetsie Railroad was a great time too!  I can't believe I'd never heard of this place.  I was looking through my pictures trying to decide which ones to post and I have over 120 pictures but I won't share them all.  So, we arrived about 9:00 Friday night.  I thought nothing could be worse than traveling on the interstate until we started up the mountain to our cabin!  Winding mountain roads aren't my favorite but I REALLY don't like ones that are only big enough for one car.  Thank God we never met another car.  I really would have had a panic attack.  The cabin we rented was tucked away in a gated community up on top of a mountain.  It was perfect though.  It was a two bedroom two bathroom house...with an upstairs...so you can imagine what Emma & Evan did the majority of the time we were at the house!  So, Saturday we headed to the Tweetsie Railroad.  We rode the chair lift, the small train into Mouse's Mine, fed deer, goats, and lots of other animals, watch a magician, ate lunch, watch cloggers (& it brought back lots of memories), watched some of the dog show, and ended our trip with a ride on the Tweetsie Railroad.  No one informed me that on this ride...they stop a couple times for a Western shootout and a gun fight with the Indians!  Thankfully Evan was ok with it.  Emma will still say...Momma I scared of the Indians.  It was a lot of fun though.  We did grab a funnel cake before we headed out.  Then, we went by the outlets stores for a little shopping and back into blowing rock to walk around for a bit.  Like I mentioned before...there were tons of neat little stores down there.  After walking around for a while...we got some ice cream and headed over to Blowing Rock Memorial Park.  This park was located right across the street from the shops.  Evan tried to climb the rock wall.  He didn't get very far with that though.  Then, they both headed over to the play ground to play.  It was a very family friendly place.  There were families playing basketball and swinging and walking their pets.  It was just neat.  Can you tell I like it??  Then it was time to head back to the house for supper.  Matt & Justin grilled us up some charcoal burgers.  I love a charcoal grill.  After supper...we watched a little TV and headed to bed.  Sunday we loaded up stopped in Gaffney at Cracker Barrel for lunch and made it home by 2:30.  Katie had to get home to go to a baby shower at 3:00.  Too bad we didn't get to do any shopping in Gaffney.  Maybe next time.  Overall...it was a fun time.  Like I said...if you are looking for a little weekend getaway...try Blowing Rock and the Tweetsie Railroad!! :)
We are here!

Group shot with our shades on!

Evan got a gun so he could shot the Indians or ininans as Emma calls them!

       
Us riding the chairlift!

And on the little train...Mouse Mine!

            
Here go into the mine and the show you watch while inside!
Then on to Deer Park...we have our food (& gun) ready for these deer!


                
                
Evan had a blast feeding the deer, goats, donkey's, miniature horses, llamas....etc.
                   
Watching these girls clog bought back such fun memories!  I miss being a Dixie Delight Clogger!  :)

                        
Waiting for the dog show to start and the pool where they dogs did tricks!

Then it was time for the Tweetsie Railroad experience!

And we were off!

One of the shootouts!

Here came the Indians!

A quick little picture while Daddy went to get our Funnel Cake!

And it was YUMMY!!!

And a family shot before we headed home on Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment