Thursday, July 3, 2014

Potty Training...101

Well this post will mainly be about Emma & her potty training experience so far.  We still haven't started working with Evan.  Twice he has told me he wanted to pee pee in the potty but once we get in there he says "I can't pee pee in the potty"!.  At least he's honest. I plan to work with him once Emma gets this down and I'm not having to watch her constantly anymore.  So, how is she doing???  Today is our 4th full day of potty training and she has had NO accidents today.  Last time I updated...it was Monday.  So, let me start with Tuesday.  Janice kept E&E Tuesday morning.  Emma has a bad habit of dancing around and crying wanting you to hold her when she needs to go to the bathroom. She sat in Janice's lap most of the morning.  It was 11:30 and she still hadn't gone to the bathroom.  Her pull-up was dry when she got up that morning...so it had been 13 hours with not going to the bathroom.  She was holding it in...so Janice put her on a diaper and she wet it like crazy.  My mom did the same thing for her that afternoon.  They felt bad for her when she'd start all her crying.  I told them if they would get her to go in the bathroom she would eventually go and be proud of herself.  So, once we got home and started taking her every time she started dancing around...she was back to going like her regular self.  The same type thing happened Wednesday.  So, today Justin and I were home with her.  Since I had to work this morning...I told Justin as soon as she woke up to take her to the potty and to put her panties on her.  He called me about 9:00 asking where her panties were that she was dancing around the kitchen wanting him to hold her.  I immediately told him to take her to the potty. About 10 minutes later I got another call but this time it was Emma telling me she had gone to the potty. She was so proud of herself.  She went one more time before they met me for lunch at 12:00.  We went to Lowe's to get the rest of our flooring supplies and to Chili's for lunch.  I tried to get  to try to go while we were at Chili's and she said she didn't need to go.  She had on big girl panties the whole time.  I was a little nervous about that...but she did well.  As soon as we got home she told me she needed to potty and went twice before nap time.   I did put a pull-up on her at nap time just in case she wet herself but she woke up crying telling me she needed to do potty.  Her pull-up was still dry.  We went out to Justin's parents for supper tonight.  They had a good many people over.  I did put a pull-up on Emma because I knew she would be busy playing and I figured she'd forget about going to the potty...but three times she came up to me telling me she needed to go and we went!  So...it is still early but she is doing so well!  She even got a prize from MaMa for going.  She loves to put diapers on her babies and the number 5 diapers are a little big for the baby doll so get got a whole new package of preemie diapers and wipes for her baby.  She is in heaven with that!!  I remember loving getting diapers for my babies too!  Evan is going to get a new fishing pole whenever he decides to start using the potty.  So, it is going much better than we expected!  I'm just hoping once Evan decides that he is ready that it will go this smoothly!  So, how is the new kitchen floor coming??  Well, at the end of Day 1...we have half of the old floor torn up and the new board put down.  We plan to start early tomorrow working on installing the new flooring.  Justin thought it would be a good idea to only do half at a time.  So...hopefully tomorrow goes better than today.  Putting that new board down has taken forever!!  Also...some of the things I ordered for Emma & Evan's birthday party came today!  I have started making a Party Stash in the closet!  I'm so excited about it!!  Anyway...be sure to come back and see how the potty training process is going!  Happy 4th everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment