Monday, June 30, 2014

Exciting Times...

Well, this past weekend was no different than any of the others.  We were super busy!  Justin was asked to work at his old job for the weekend so he had to work Saturday and Sunday.  Plus...we had the Festival in 96 that we tried to squeeze in too!  We planned to go listen to the bands Friday night after supper but the rain spoiled that.  Saturday morning...we headed out to town about 10:30 or so.  They had some kiddie rides.  The only thing Evan talked about was the slide.  It was a pretty big slide and I didn't want him attempting that by himself.  So, Justin went up with him.  Emma wanted no part.  I talked her into riding the helicopter's.  I was WAY to big for this ride but she would only ride if I rode with her.  Even then she didn't love it.  We were literally not even going 1 mph!  This tells me she isn't ready for roller coasters anytime soon.  Then, they shot a few basketballs.  The first one Evan shot went straight in.  It was pure luck and I of course didn't have my camera ready.  So, I videoed the next 50 shots and he never made another one.  Just my luck.  So, we grabbed lunch (BBQ, fries, & fried pickles!!), watched the sack race, listened to Chris Turner a little while and headed home about 1:00.  We had planned to return that night to meet Justin's brother and his family and watch the fireworks but once again the rain spoiled those plans.  I didn't even get my funnel cake! :(  Guess I didn't need that!  Here are the few pictures I took of the morning and even the one picture of took of them Saturday night all dressed up with no place to go!  I took one picture and my phone died!
                
  Waiting their turn in line and heading up the steps!
                
Here they come down and the helicopter I was WAY to big for.  I asked the little guy running this ride if I was too big and he said Well, just a little!  I just laughed and asked him what that meant! 
                 
Shooting the basketballs!
L
And the cute outfits they were going to wear to the fireworks!

I made Emma a cute little shirt to wear so I have a picture of it too!!
Then, Sunday we helped Janice & Melvin celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary!  That is quite an accomplishment in this day and time where the divorce rate is 50%.  Just the other day at work we were talking about marriage.  The latest statistics say the first 7 years of marriage are the hardest!  I told Justin we should be good to go since we are past 7 years.  I sure hope we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary one day!  After naps we headed to my mom's for supper and to celebrate Matt's birthday.  So that brings us today.  I have some kind of exciting news.  I am a little skeptical about sharing this because it so early...but Emma is doing so well with her potty training!  We started wearing big girl panties on Saturday afternoon.  She only wore them for a while and had to put on a pull-up because we were getting ready to head back out town.  Sunday morning she wore them all morning and only had one accident.  Then, we had to put on a pull-up and head to Janice's party.  After the party when we got back home she refused to put them back on.  I didn't fight her.  Then, this morning Janice put them back on her when she got up.  She had one accident and then used the potty 5 times today!  We went to town tonight to pick out out flooring for the kitchen and were gone for two hours.  I put a pull-up on her while we were gone and she didn't wet it at all.  Like I said...it is really early and this was really our first full day at it...but she did much better today than I was expecting.  We are hoping to get her trained before we really start working with Evan.  He has NO interest.  He is going to be a tough one to potty train!  Anyway...that is what we are doing this week!  We are also working on our kitchen flooring and I am in the midst of planning Alison's baby shower.  That will be here in a couple weeks.  Since I have been in party planning mode...I think I have all the details down for E&E's birthday party as well.  Woo Hoo!!  I know I am an overachiever...but if you really want to know... I already have ideas for their 4th birthday party too.  A friend texted me today asking if I had any ideas of what she could do for her little boy's party and of course I did...so now I've moved onto planning other kids parties!  I think I could make a side job out of this! Anyway...that is just a little side note!  So, here's to a short work week and to celebrating our nation's freedom!  Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment