Saturday, June 7, 2014

Sweet Summertime!!

Well...this was our official first week of summer.  Emma & Evan were out of school so we tried to do things in the afternoon to get them out of the house.  By Friday...they had pretty much had enough of each other. I don't think anyone can fight as much as they do!  I don't blame them though on this occasion! We have been swimming several times.  They love it.  Emma is doing much better!  She can kick herself across the entire pool.  We are working on moving her arms.  She doesn't want you to hold onto her at all anymore.  Granted she does have on the puddle jumper.  She constantly tells us "I do it by myself"!  She is little miss independent even when we can tell she is exhausted!  She loves jumping off the stairs to us.  She does it lots of times with no warning...so we have to be constantly ready!  Evan is getting better with using his arms.  He likes to stand on the steps and hit the beach ball to Justin with a noodle.  It is their water form of baseball.  We saw Morgan last night and she was still bragging on how well Evan did.  She even called him her star student! We have gone to Katie's several times to love on Baby Laney!  She is still the most precious thing ever!  We just love her!  We also went to the Live After Five concert this past Thursday.  Some guy Justin works with was playing.  Their band was actually very good.  There was a large turn out.  We stayed about 45 minutes and them went out for supper.  They played longer than that but it was HOT and we didn't think to bring chairs.  Next time we will be more prepared.  So, that brings us to the weekend.  We are finally going to be painting our front porch this weekend.  Justin is borrowing Gareth's paint sprayer so it should go pretty quickly!  Also, my curtains are here!  Justin put them up last night.  My mom is going to take them and iron them good for me...but I snapped a picture while Justin had them up.  I think they look great...don't you??
We are finally getting our house like we want it...or rather I am!  Justin could care less about any of this but he lets me do what I want too and doesn't complain very much! :)  I ordered my portraits last week and they should be here this week!  Can't wait for that!  We had planned to do our kitchen flooring next weekend until we remembered that is Father's day...so we put it off until the next weekend.  Once that is finished...our updates will be finished...for the time being! :)  We are in planning mode for Katie & Baby Laney's baby shower.  I love to plan a party.  Then, after that I get to start working Alison & Baby Reid's baby shower.  Yes...I think it is safe to say...he has a name!  Nickolas Reid Romagnoli! So, that's pretty much it for us!  Hope you all are enjoying your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment