Saturday, June 28, 2014

A very busy weekend!!

Last weekend was a very busy weekend.  I know this is late and their will be another update probably tomorrow but I was waiting on Katie to send me pictures.  She didn't hurry to get them to me.  Anyway...We started our Saturday with a baby shower for Baby Laney at church.  It was a great time.  Katie & Laney got a lot of good things.  It was funny because they used pink and burlap to decorate that shower which is what we had planned to use at the shower we gave Katie on Sunday.  Great minds think alike.  Before heading to the shower I dropped Evan off at Eaton and he and Justin headed over to the airport.  Lots of people had told me we needed to take Evan to the air show that was going out there as a part of the Festival of Flowers. So, they spent the morning walking around looking at the planes.   They had a Monster truck out there for the kids to ride in but Evan said he didn't want to ride.  Since he said no...Justin didn't want to wait in that long line if he didn't have too!  They stayed for about an hour and left because it was so hot.  Then, they headed over to a friend of Justin's.  This guy is doing some work on his yard and had some equipment there at his house.  Nothing draws boys in more than something you can be destructive with.  Justin and Evan played on that a while and then headed home to meet me and Emma.  Alison came over to help me get the favors ready for our shower while my sweeties napped.  Then, we headed to my mom's to decorate!  We got everything that we could set up out and ready for the next day.  Then, we packed E&E in the truck and headed to Greenville!  I didn't even think to look and see what time that discount door place closed!  We got to Greenville about 5:30 and they closed at 3:00.  So, looks like we will be making another trip to Greenville.  We headed to Chili's for supper and then on to the baseball game.  Evan was so excited.  He talked about it all the way up there.  We debated on whether we would go or not because it looked like it could rain at anytime...but we didn't want to disappoint him!  So, we got there and got tickets for the lawn area.  It was PACKED!!  Me & Evan sat down and started watching the game while Justin and Emma went to get us popcorn and Pepsi.  After about 45 minutes...Emma had had enough and was ready to go.  She did not like the loud speaker.  Every time they would say something over it...she told me she wanted to go.  So, we will either have to wait for Emma to get better with loud noises or just take Evan by himself if we decide to go again anytime soon.  These were the only two pictures I took and yes one is a selfie!  I don't take pictures of myself hardly ever! Excuse the glasses!  One of my contacts was killing my eye right now and my new ones would't be in until Tuesday...so I had to wear the glasses as much as possible!

              

Then, today was Katie and Laney's shower that we hosted.  I don't think it could have gone any better.   She had a good turnout and got lots of cute things for baby Laney!  Laney was a perfect little angel the whole time.  Emma did so good as well. She was a little excited at the beginning because all those people were there...but she got better and was such a big helper! I thought all of the decorations looked great...but I was the decorator...so of course I'd think they looked good.  Here are the couple pictures I took. 


Don't you just LOVE this picture of Laney!  I have been banned from putting her pictures on my blog until Katie gets some on her blog!  Trust me...I have told her if she doesn't post some pictures soon...I am going to!  The world needs to see this precious little face!  This is one of my favorites of her!


We were so excited to get to celebrate this precious little girl with some of our closest family and friends who are just as excited for Katie & Matt!  I'm sure you are wondering where my sweet Evan was during this time.  He went with Justin and Chad to the woods.  Justin said he did great.  He is really getting into boy things.  I am still a little sad but at the same time...I want him to like hunting and all...so I have to let him go!  So that was our weekend!  Now...it's on to another week!  This coming weekend is the Festival of Stars in 96.  I love a town festival  and look forward to seeing some people we don't get to see as often.  Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment