Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day...part #2

Well, today continued our Father's Day celebration.  We started our morning by giving Justin his Father's Day presents.  Emma & Evan didn't really care about anything other than tearing up the tissue paper.  We got Justin a new pair of shorts (not what he requested but I saw them and thought he needed them!), a new wallet, a new beard trimmer, and a jar full of Reese's pieces with a sign that says...Daddy, we love you to pieces!  Yes, that was a Pinterest idea!  I know you are probably thinking why in the world did we get Justin a new beard trimmer but let me explain.  Every couple of days I have to shave the back of Justin's neck because he HATES when his hair starts growing out.  I think it is because it is nothing but gray back there but he says otherwise.  Well, his trimmer was so old and raggedy that if I don't hold the button a certain way it cuts on and off the whole time I am trying to fix his hair.  It is a royal pain and I saw this one on Amazon as a gift for dad...so that's what he got.  He really appreciated it though.  No more pulling his hair when it decides to stop mid-shave! :)  Then, we headed to church.  Here is a picture of my sweeties!
There aren't enough words to describe how thankful I am for this guy!  I know I say it a lot and people probably get tired of hearing it but he just goes above and beyond to do things for us.  He not only provides for us...our needs and wants...but he tries to be a very involved daddy whenever he can be.  Granted he's had to be there for most of the things they have done in life because I can't do it by myself but he's happy to be involved.  He loves those two like nothing else.  I'm proud of the Daddy he is too them!!  We got a surprise in Sunday School...Laney made her first church appearance.  Katie had mentioned that they might come and then she said she thought they'd wait another week or so.  So, it was a nice surprise.  That sweet girl never made a peep!  Katie & Matt shared their story with the rest of our class and even though I knew the story...it never ceases to amaze me just how God just worked this all our perfectly!  He is absolutely amazing!  After church, we headed home to get things ready for our gathering with my family.  I didn't take one single picture.  Probably because it was madness at our house.  Emma and Evan were WILD this afternoon.  I think the excitement of having everyone over...including Baby Laney...was a bit much for them.  After we ate...we went swimming to show Aunt Katie & Aunt Alison how they could swim.  MaMa & PaPa had already come over one night to watch them.   We had such a good time celebrating with them.  I can only imagine what our next gathering...which will probably be our beach trip in September...will be like with two almost 3 year olds, a 4 month old, and a newborn if Alison decides to come for a few days!  I can't wait!  Anyway...hope you spent some time today celebrating the great men in your life!!  My sweeties are snoozing away, my big sweetie is watching the basket ball game, and I need to fold some clothes.  So, good night all.  Hope this coming week is a great on for you!  We have lots to look forward too!  Our church shower for Baby Laney is Saturday and then we are giving her a shower on Sunday.  I will get to see that sweet baby all weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment