Wednesday, July 23, 2014

An Unexpected Surprise...

As most of you know...little Reid made his grand appearance on Monday...exactly one month before his due date! When my phone rang at 5:00 Monday morning and I saw it was my mom...my first reaction was, "what's wrong with daddy?" Alison and baby Reid never entered my mind! However they were at the hospital. Alison had started hurting at 11:00 Sunday night! I'd seen her just a few hours earlier and she was fine! So anyway...she was having contractions and they gave her medicine to slow them down but since she was 35 weeks they weren't stopping the process! About 8:30 I headed on to the hospital...I wasn't doing anything productive at work anyway! They checked her again at 9:00 and she was 4 cm. At 11:00 she was 6-7cm. She was moving right along and we knew that baby would be here shortly! At 1:45 she was 9.5 cm and they planned to start pushing at 2:30. Little did we know that would be the longest toughest four hours we'd ever witness! Granted we were in the hall...but we could hear everything going on! Even I was starting to get mad at them for telling her she had to keep going! I don't see how she did what she did for as long as she did it! Everyone in that room said they'd never seen anyone work as hard as she did! She gets a true trooper award! So, he was born at 6:28 weighing 5 lbs. 14oz. and is absolutely perfect! He looks just like what I'd imagined he'd look like! Dark skin and a head full of dark hair! Him & sweet little Laney could be twins! Our family is so blessed to have welcomed two healthy happy babies in less than two months! Oh how the Reid clan is growing!! So, here are a few pictures of our sweet little fella! Aunt Marcie loves him to pieces!
A quick picture during the waiting game!!

He's here!!  Alison hates this picture but I love it!  Isn't he precious???  He was brand new here!!

And now he's all clean and his skin is getting it's color!

Look at all that hair!  You can tell here how little he is!  The preemie diaper looks huge! 

Aunt Katie found him some preemie outfits!

Such a sweet little face!

And one picture with his proud momma and proud aunt Marcie!

All I can say is that God is still in the miracle working business.  You can't witness the birth of a child and not believe in miracles!  Welcome to the world sweet little Reid!!  We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment