Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy Birthday America!!

Well...this past weekend we celebrated July 4th!  We needed to go back to work yesterday to just get some rest.  We worked, played, ate a lot, and just enjoyed some time off!  Oh yeah...and I think it is safe to say...Emma is POTTY TRAINED!! :)  She poops and pee pee's in the potty like a champ!  One week, two accidents and that was all it took!  I am terrified of how long it is going to take Evan because Emma was WAY too easy!  He is at least showing a little interest now.  I think watching Emma go and get praise for it has started to affect him.  This coming weekend is going to be "Get Evan Potty-trained weekend"!  Anyway...back to our celebrating.  Well...we spent more time working on the floors than we did celebrating.  However...the floors are almost finished. Had Lowe's had the grout I wanted in stock, we would be finished.  But we found out yesterday that Snead has it...so Justin is going to start working on it tonight.  This isn't the finished project but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.
                    
Didn't Justin do a great job??  He is for sure a handy man!  I'm debating on painting the walls.  I bought some paint a couple months back when I had planned to carry the hardwoods through the kitchen.  But since our plans changed...I haven't ever painted.  But...I already have the paint if I decide to tackle that! :)  Of course...our little helpers were right by our sides all weekend.  You can only imagine how fun it is to remodel with two year olds!!  
Here they are taking a little cucumber break.  These kids LOVE some cucumbers.  A guy at work has a garden and apparently this year his cucumbers are doing great...because he brings us in a bag full every few days.  No complaining though!  Nothing beats fresh veggies.  I would like to tackle a garden next year but who am I kidding.  I am not the gardening type!  I buy flowers that are pretty hardy and I don't have to do much too them other than water them...which Justin does for me.  Anyway...back to the 4th.  Katie & Matt came over for supper and swimming on the actual 4th. We enjoyed spending some time with Baby Laney!  E&E love her and talk about her constantly!!
                   
How sweet are these pictures?? She's such a cutie pie!!

 Saturday, we headed to Greenwood early for breakfast and to run by Lowe's and get more boards.  It was such a beautiful morning with great temperatures and Justin reminded me quite often that he could be in the woods working on food plots!  We worked on the floor that afternoon and headed over to Katie's to celebrate the 4th with friends. Katie had set up some water things for the kids to play on.  Emma & Evan love stuff like that.  I really hope we can make it to the water park this summer.  It's on our to-do list!!  I was looking back through the pictures I took on my phone and the only ones I have of Evan are video's.  Katie took some on her phone but I don't have those yet. So, that's why I don't have any pictures of Evan from the night on the blog!  After we ate supper and played a little more in the water...Katie brought out the sparklers.  Emma is still not a fan of any kind of fireworks.  Friday night while we were swimming...our neighbors began to shoot some and it scared her to death.  We came inside and watched a huge firework production on TV that night and she loved them.  I seriously think it's the noise that she doesn't like.  Here are the only two pictures I took from the night.  
It looks like it's raining in the first picture but it's just the sun.  The food was delicious and of course the decorations were cute too!  Katie loves a party just like I do!  

And my sweet girl sporting her pony tail!  She refuses to let me pull her hair back.  It is a difficult task anyway because her hair is so fine!  I bribed her with going to see Baby Laney though and she let me pull it up!  She looked precious!!

So, that was pretty much our weekend.  We are looking forward to the BBQ festival this weekend.  I love barbecue!!  Alison also has her first baby shower Sunday at church.  Time for Baby Reid is getting closer and closer.  In some other exciting news...after we finish the kitchen floor project, I then going to start working on making Emma & Evan's room more suitable for a toddler rather than a baby.  They still sleep in their cribs.  I've caught Evan twice now trying to climb over.  So...the time has come.  I think making it to 2 years and 7 months in a crib is pretty good.  We may never sleep again...but that will be okay too.  I have come up with a master plan to add on a Jack & Jill bathroom and two walk-in closets to their end of our house.  Justin gets tired of my ideas but if any of you have ever seen our hall bathroom it is TINY!!  I'm so thankful to have two bathrooms but that is going to be a nightmare when Emma & Evan are both trying to get ready in the mornings.  It won't matter for a while but once they start caring more about their appearance and make-up and all of that...this tiny bathroom just isn't going to cut it!!  Justin isn't still fully on board with my idea just yet but he was helping me figure out how to do the roof line over the weekend...so that doesn't sound like a complete NO to me!! That of course will be a few years down the road!  Anyway...I have got to go fold some clothes before my sweeties get up from their nap!  Hope you all are having a good week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment