Friday, July 11, 2014

He was just teasing...

Well, I am sure you are wondering what this post is going to be about!!  You'll never believe it but Evan used the potty like a big boy the other night!!  We were so proud of him and praised him.  He was very proud of himself too but after that he hasn't gone since.  He was just kidding when he said he was going to start using the big boy potty! :)  I am not really stressing the issue but just continuing to encourage him to go and letting him sit on the potty.  He'll get the hang of it soon!  Or at least I hope he does!!  This week at school they were learning about music.  There were the pictures I got of Emma & Evan on Wednesday.

Then Thursday...they had a band or musicians come play for the kids and this was the picture I got.  Remember this was before the music even started!! 
Obviously my kids don't like loud noises or anything that looks like it could make a loud noise!  When I asked Evan about the music at school...he told me he liked the drums.  Sorry son...you aren't getting drums anytime soon!  Katie is wanting to do some thing with E&E this summer and she started this week but planting some flowers.  After school and lunch on Thursday...she took them outside to plant some flowers.  Here are the pictures she took and sent me.  
  
Planting the flowers...

 And watering the final products!
She even bought and decorated them their own watering can!  They had to lay down for naptime and she had to leave...but not before making them a little snack for after naptime!!

Since they didn't lay down until 3:00 it was almost 6:00 when Evan got up...so snack time came after supper and we went outside to enjoy this snack.  They were too sure about the worms.  They didn't mind playing with them but wouldn't dare taste them.  They were shocked when I ate a worm.  They enjoyed their treat though!!
                 


Tonight South Main is having a Parent's Night Out from 6-9.  We are supposed to drop the kids off dressed as princesses and knights.  Where was I going to find a princess & knight outfit in July??  Angela of course.  She has everything!  So, Evan is all set with a sword, shield, & hat.  Then I went to Wal-Mart and got Emma  Sophia princess dress.  So, we are ready for tonight.  I'll have to share pictures on the next blog update!  We are hoping to get us BBQ tomorrow and I've promised E&E to get the slip and slide back out.  So...we will have a busy Saturday in addition to finishing grouting our floors.  I think this was the reason we said we'd never do tile again!  It is a long messy process!!  I also think I've picked out the stuff I want for Evan's room.  I think we are going with navy blue & green!  Etsy has a lot of cute navy & green stuff!  Emma's isn't going to be as easy because her new bedding has to match her existing curtains.  We'll figure it out though.  Happy Friday!!








No comments:

Post a Comment