Sunday, July 20, 2014

Just a little treatsie...or Tweetsie should I say...

I know my title is corny but it's cute!  Can you guess where we are going next weekend??  That's right...we're going to the Tweetsie Railroad!  Have you ever heard of it??  I hadn't!  But we found us a neat little cabin in Boone, NC to rent for the weekend and it's right near the Tweetsie Railroad theme park.  I think it will be a great place to take Emma & Evan. They have amusement rides, a chair lift you ride up to miner's mountain where you pan for gold, deer park zoo, and of course a train you get to ride.  They even have restaurants and a funnel cake factory!  The Saturday that we will be there they will have a dog show...which Evan will LOVE!! They also have live shows but since they are western shows and probably will have guns...I don't see us watching that!  There is a lot more to do according to the map on their website...but I will go into detail more once we've been!  I'm excited!  But as for this weekend...we just hung around Greenwood and did a lot of celebrating!  Saturday night we celebrated Baby Laney one more time with Matt & Katie's friends.  They had a couple baby shower and dinner at Jason & Elizabeth's.  Then, today...we celebrated Baby Reid again.  We hosted a shower for Alison and Baby Reid at Katie's house.  Life is going to be so dull now that all these parties are over!!  Who am I kidding...life with two newborns is never dull!  Trust me...I know!! :)  I didn't take a single picture of either event.  Well...I did at Alison's shower but they were with her camera!  We decorated with gray & blue because those are the colors she's using in Reid's room.  I did buy her some blocks to decorate with and I do have a picture of those.
Next time...I will just make these myself and save a lot of money! I did make her a wreath for her door as well...but I don't have a picture of it.  And of course I have a picture of all the burp cloths I made Alison. 
How cute are theses?  
Too bad I didn't have this monogram machine when my kiddos were babies!!  So, I know you are wondering how the home improvement projects are going??  Well...the kitchen floor is FINALLY finished.  Grouting all that tile took us forever.  Well...it went a lot faster once Matt showed us a better way of doing it!  Doesn't the finished product look great??
Now...we just have to get our shoe molding back down.  I have come up with a project I am going to tackle.  I wanted a old cabinet in my kitchen that I could distress or antique the colors I am wanting it.  So...I found what I think will work at a local store...Granny Said Keep It.  I am not a fan of this place because it just mainly just junk...but I'm going to try my hand at being super crafty!  I'm not sure when I'll attempt this but you might see pictures if it turns out like I hope it will!  Emma & Evan's new bedding for their toddler rooms has been ordered and that change will be taking place once it gets here!  And...Evan has used the potty one more time since my last post and he did that at school!  So, he knows how to do this...he just doesn't want too.  We are still working on it though.  Emma is still doing great!  Well...that was our weekend!  Hope yours was great!  Have a good week and come back for a Tweetsie update!

No comments:

Post a Comment