Friday, February 28, 2014

What a week...

Well, here it is Friday afternoon and I seriously don't know where this week went!!  I knew it was going to be busy but whew!! Monday night was bible study and it was one of the best we've ever had.  It wasn't over until 10:30...and it started at 6:30!  Debbie Crittendon came and reviewed over the Disciple Cycle with us and then talked about safeguarding our marriages!  This message was exactly what some of the girls there needed to hear.  Don't you just love when God shows up at exactly the right time???  Anyway...Tuesday was the well overdue color/haircut!  Sally did a good job I think!  I haven't had this much blonde in a while...but summer will be here soon so I might at well go ahead.  The blonde will show up during summer whether I want it or not! :)  Wednesday was a crazy day at work.  We have been going through a leadership training with surveys and all kinds of things and it finally came to an end Wednesday with our big group meeting and Thursday with our individual meetings!  I definitely learned a lot about myself and my personality type!  Thursday afternoon me & momma headed to Gaffney shopping after work.  I spent all my money well before we ran out of shopping time!  I needed some new clothes BAD and I still need more...but this will be a start.  So, like I said...here is it Friday!  Finally a time to relax.  I feel like I haven't seen E&E all week.  I am so thankful to have such a good hubby who is willing to take care of our munchkins so I can enjoy doing some things by myself.   So, other than that...what's going on with Turner's...you may ask!  Well....Charlie & Barney, our fish, have both died! Yes, I named them and Justin didn't like their names...but he didn't come up with anything better.  Charlie didn't even make it a week and Barney might have lasted a week and a half.  We don't know whether it was the water wasn't right or they weren't eating.  Either way...no more fish!  We think we might go to Pet Smart for our next fish!  We didn't have good luck with Wal-Mart fish!  We are in the midst of planning our Spring family outing.  A friend of ours mentioned to me about taking her little girl to the Atlanta Aquarium and the Atlanta Zoo last year.  So,that is what we are planning to do the first weekend in May.  March's weekend are already full with momma's birthday, the Nascar racing thing in Charlotte we got the boys for Christmas, Alison's reveal party/ Daddy's birthday, and our anniversary.  Then of course...April weekends are off limits due to Turkey hunting...so looks like it will be May before we get to Atlanta.  We are planning to go to the Aquarium on Friday afternoon as long as we can schedule in the dolphin show and the Zoo the next Saturday morning.  Kayla even recommended hotels for us to stay at.  Plus...the Riverbanks Zoo passes Justin's mom gave us for Christmas will get us a discount for the Atlanta Zoo.  Emma & Evan will still get in free to both places because they are under three!   Doesn't that sound like a fun little get away for us???  I think so and am SO excited about it!!  In other news...our home renovation projects will be getting underway in a few weeks.  For those of you that have ever been to our house...know we have two sets of french doors in our den leading out onto the deck.  However these are the smallest doors EVER and don't make much sense at all.  So, those are coming out and one normal size French door is going in.  Then, we are getting new hardwood floors.  The flooring in our house looks like hardwood floors but they are a laminate that hasn't held up well at all!  That was the one project we wanted to do right after we moved in but we got Emma & Evan instead! :)  I've been on Pinterst a little too much and have found Justin a few other little projects I want him to complete around the house.  First, is painting the kitchen again.  Yes...that will be the third time in 3 years but look at the picture below.
 
Granted my kitchen looks nothing like this other than the white cabinets and darker counter tops.  However...with our new flooring, hopefully adding recessed lighting like this if Justin can do it, and painting this color...it will be similar.  This is the look I am going for anyway! :)  And...since we will be working on our yard this spring too...I have found this little picture on Pinterest too...  
Now...this is a traditional home in Georgia!  BUT...I think I can make my front porch look like this one.  We have a door very similar other than the windows on the top.  So, if Justin can add me some lights beside the door and lets me paint the wood flooring and I get me some planters to look like this...I think this is a doable project too! Justin wants me to stay off Pinterest! However...he had agreed to look into all my projects...so that is pretty promising!!  W have lots of work to do around here and I have to get to cleaning right now or nap time will be over!  Hope you all enjoy your weekend!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment