Saturday, December 28, 2013

A little family fun...

My mom gave Emma & Evan some fireworks in their stockings for Christmas.  It is so unique to us because that is what my grandparents always had in our stockings along with fruit and candy and we loved it so my mom is carrying that tradition on with E&E.  I knew Emma probably wouldn't be a fan but we decided to see if Evan would hold a sparkler.  Much to my surprise he did and loved it.  I think he likes fire a little too much.  He's daddy is proud!  So, we went through a whole box in sparklers within probably 5 minutes.  He just kept wanting us to light another one.  Here are a couple pictures:

 

 
I was right about Emma.  She wanted no part.  As part of our Christmas from Justin's mom...she gave us passes to the Zoo that are good until sometime in 2015.  So, since we hadn't seen the lights and we had passes to get in free, we decided last minute to head to Columbia Friday night.  When I say last minute...we talked about it at about 4:00 and were in the car leaving by 4:30!  We ate supper in Columbia and headed over to the Zoo.  I don't have too many good pictures because I just took my phone and it didn't take good pictures with the flash.  Most of the animals were up for the night but E&E enjoyed the lights.  While in the "barn" part of the zoo...Emma dropped her paci in the cage with the turkey and I wasn't about to retrieve it...so she was a little upset the rest of the night. She kept crying pulling us back toward where the turkey was.  Needless to say on the way home we stopped for a new paci.  Here are the couple pictures I was able to take...
  
 



 

 
It was a fun little trip.  We had already planned to take a trip to Atlanta this spring to the Aquarium and to the Atlanta Zoo.  I think these passes will get us discounts there as well.  So, that should be a fun little weekend!  Well, one of my cuties is up from her nap...so blog time is over!!  Happy Saturday!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment