Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye 2013!!!

It is hard to believe another year has come and gone!  Time is going by so quickly!  2013 was a good year for us! I started the year off with my thyroid surgery...that thankfully was not cancer.  We went to the mountains for the first time, had lots of play dates at the park, finally made it to Emerald Farms, got Emma's first hair cut, went on a not planned turkey hunt with Daddy, celebrated Easter, had our 1st annual Easter Egg Hunt, went fishing for the first time, celebrated LOTS of friends birthdays, went to one of Daddy's softball games.  We went to the Ware Shoal Cat Feast Festival for the 1st time, we went to the Columbia zoo twice & the Greenville Zoo once, I got a new car, we went to the festival in 96 for the 4th of July for the first time, we went to the Beach with family and friends, spent lots of time outside on our swing set and in the pool.  We celebrated Daddy's birthday and went apple picking, got our first trampoline, went to the Children's Museum, carved our first pumpkins, were Pebbles & Bam Bam for Halloween. We went to Denver Downs pumpkins patch, moved into our own bedrooms, celebrated our 2nd birthday, celebrated Thanksgiving, celebrated my 30th birthday, had our first sleep over at aunt Katie's house, went to Hollywild, celebrated Christmas, and finally rang in the new year with some great friends.!  I'd day that was a pretty busy year!!  Now we are ready for what 2014 is going to bring!  Hopefully it will bring some less stubborn two years olds! :)  I know it is a phase and they won't be like this forever....but if the three's are worse than this I am going to need some medication!  So, how did our New Years Eve go???  Jillian, Jonathan. Bennett, Katie, & Matt came over for supper.  Jillian and Jonathan brought Bennett's 4-wheeler in hopes that is would inspire Evan to ride his tractor.  It didn't work for the tractor but those two had a fun time on Emma's Dunne Racer.  Bennett drove Evan around the yard.  They even hooked up the 2nd speed and it didn't phase Bennett at all.  Emma still wanted no part of it.  Then, we ate and tried to shoot some fireworks.  I knew Emma wouldn't like that but she screamed the entire time we were out there.  She didn't even like the sparklers.  Evan was ok with the sparklers and the roman candles we had...but he was not a fan of anything that made a loud noise.  So, needless to say after a lot of screaming...we stopped the fireworks.  Bennett was a fan of the fireworks.  Then, we tried to roast some marsh mellows.  Emma was still not having any part of being outside so she just continued to cry.  Evan ate his marsh mellow but he wouldn't stick it in the fire.  He did it the other night when it was just me & Justin but he refused last night.  So, after a while with that we headed back inside to play for a while longer.  They all really played good together and we had a great time hanging out with friends.  Here are the couple of pictures Katie took of the night. 
Emma crying to go inside.  The bunny & paci weren't enough this time!!


Evan with his sparklers.


Evan eating his marsh mellow!!
 
Today, I did my first monogram job.  Granted it was for Katie and she knew she was taking a change letting me do it...but I think they turned out great.

 I did all six of them within an hour.  I have that down pat!! I also took a picture of the two things I did earlier in the day while Jillian was here.
 
 She has been helping me get familiar with this machine and I LOVE it!!  I seriously think I could do this all the time and not get tired of it!!   So, now we are getting ready for bed.  It's back to work for us tomorrow.  We are looking forward to a great 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment