Sunday, January 26, 2014

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week......

Thank goodness last week is OVER!!!  It did not go like I had planned!  We expected school to start back on Tuesday and things to get back into a routine.  Well, Emma started running a fever Monday and she already had a cough...so it was off to the doctor Monday afternoon.  She would not cooperate with the doctor.  So, he just said it was something respiratory, gave us some cough medicine and a steroid for the cough and sent us home with instructions to call back within a few days if the fever was still there and he'd call us in an antibiotic.  Well, she continued to run the fever Tuesday and Wednesday.  So, I called back and they finally called her in an antibiotic.  By Thursday afternoon the fever was gone but all the green junk started pouring out of her nose.  We finally got to go back to school on Friday.  I got there to pick them up and Melissa was holding Evan.  That meant one of two things.  Either he was bad or not feeling well.  You guessed it...he wasn't feeling well.  Got home and checked...his temperature was 102.6 or higher.  By the time the thermometer got that high...I didn't fight him anymore.   So, off to the doctor I went with him.  No RSV, no flu...so other than cough medicine...she didn't give us anything either.  You could tell he didn't feel good at all yesterday but he has seemed better today.  Hopefully we will get back on our routine this week!  Maybe I shouldn't even say that and jinx ourselves! :)  Yesterday was Corley & Cooper's birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheeses.  That was a T-TOTAL nightmare!!   They were terrified of the mouse!  I think for the first hour...Evan wouldn't let Justin even put him down.  Everywhere we went...there was that stinking mouse!  Emma was okay as long as he didn't come close.  Evan eventually got down and played the arcade games with Justin but he didn't want to go anywhere near the food or party section.  I have to tell you about the mouse and Emma.  She was wild the whole time we were there.  I would like to blame it on the steroids she is on...but I am afraid it is just the terrible twos.  She was running from me and almost ran straight into the mouse.  He rounded one corner about the same time she did.  It was priceless to see her turn so quickly and run right back to me.  That will teach her.  Maybe we need a mouse costume to keep at home for ever time they misbehave! :)  I can't believe this is my second post in a row with no pictures.  We have just been to sick and yucky to even take any pictures.  Emma & Evan both got haircuts this week.  I decided to start taking them to Sally Swancey for hair cuts.  She did a good job and they both did excellent for their first time there.   I also found out this week that His Radio isn't doing the Hearts 4 Kids valentines this year.  Not really sure why because they always seemed to be real involved in that but they aren't.  So, I didn't have a clue what I was going to do with these valentines we had already made.  I was talking to the girls in my office about it Wednesday.  Thursday, Patsy came to work with the perfect place to send my valentine's cards.  Her husband is a veteran and had gotten a newsletter in the mail Wednesday from the local chapter, which is housed in the old Greenwood Library.  You will never believe what they were asking for...Valentine's Day cards to take to the Veteran's hospital in Augusta.  How perfect was that!  I was so excited that someone will get to appreciate our hard work! So, I will be dropping those off tomorrow to send to the Veteran's!  Yay!  That's it for now.  We have a busy week ahead...so check back for a circus update!  Have a great week!


P.S.--we have some exciting news in the Reid household!  We can finally tell that their will be a new baby joining our family in August!  NO it isn't me!  Alison is expecting.  She wouldn't let us tell people until she got a little farther along.  We are so excited for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment