Sunday, January 19, 2014

If we are obedient with a little...He will entrust us with a lot!

We are doing a marriage and money unit in our Sunday school class.  For you guys that know me...know this is right up my alley!  I love some financial planning!  I already have our budget made out for the entire year of 2014!  I know that is a little over the top.  But hey...if you don't have a plan...you don't have a goal to work toward!  So, the Turner's have a plan and some goals for this year!  One of the things Fred talked about today was that if God can't trust you to be obedient with a little, why do we expect him to give us a lot?  Would we handle a lot any differently??  Of course he was talking about money but it fits into so many areas of our life.  Ultimately nothing is ours!  It all belongs to God and we are called to be good stewards or keepers of someone else's stuff.  How many times do we hold things back from God when they are His to begin with??  I was sitting at the doctor's office this week waiting for what seemed like an eternity and I was reading the bible on my phone.  I can't even remember who the story was about but this man & wife had sold their property and lied to God about what profit they made in hopes of keeping the extra money for themselves.  God asked the both separately about the money they made off the land and struck each of them dead when they lied to Him.  My point is when He gives us small things he expects us to be good stewards with those small things.  Once He knows He can trust us with those small things...He will gives us more.  We spend so much time worrying about getting a new house or a new car or a raise, but are we using the things He has already given us for His glory??  If not...why do we expect Him to give us more.  This reminds me of a post I saw on Facebook this week that said it doesn't matter how big your house is, the size of your car, or how large your bank account is...our graves will all be the same size.  How true is that??  It isn't going with us!! Just something to think about!   So, what have the Turner's been up too??  Not much!  We went to Anne Hollis' birthday party Saturday at the Gymnastic center.  Emma & Evan loved it.  There were trampolines, ball pits, all kinds of things to climb and swing on...what kid wouldn't love it??  I have been thinking about taking Emma to the Mommy & Me tumbling class at Anna's gym.  I knew she would like it but after seeing her Saturday...I know she will love it.  She has pretty good balance and loves to flip!!  Evan just rolls around.  I don't think being a gymnast is in his future! So, we may start that class soon!  We had a Sunday school social Saturday afternoon but we didn't make it.  They went bowling and out for pizza afterwards.  Justin & Chad were finally able to work on his truck brakes and didn't finish fixing them until after 7:00.  Thankfully...they are good to go now!  We hopefully will get back into a routine this week with school starting back and no more breaks for a while!  Then, we have Corley & Cooper's birthday parties next weekend.  My crazy in-laws planned this party for 12:30 at Chuck-E-Cheese on a cold Saturday.  That place is going to be a MAD house.  I just hope E&E aren't scared of the mouse! Then, the following weekend we are heading to the circus!  I am super excited about that.  I hope Emma & Evan will love it!  Then, it will be Valentine's day!  I think Emma & Evan are getting fish for Valentine's day!  This will be their first "pets".  We thought about getting them a rabbit for Easter but I think the fish will be better.  They don't require as much care and with twins we don't need something that needs a lot of care!  I figure they can help us feed them everyday and Justin will in charge of cleaning the tank!  He's so thrilled, I tell ya!  Just wanted to give a little update and say I hope you all have a great week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment