Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 is off with a bang...

Well, the year has started!  I spent all last Friday afternoon, the 3rd, trimming Emma's room in the pink color I just knew was going to be perfect. I wasn't really thrilled with the color but thought maybe it was the fact that I could still see the brown and once the whole room was painted I would like it.  WRONG!!!  Justin rolled the walls Saturday morning and I HATED it!  It was TOO pink and I love pink!!  So, since Saturday was Alison's birthday...we had to celebrate and the painting would wait until Sunday.  We all went to momma's for supper and to celebrate with Alison.  Here is a picture of one of my sweeties with their two favorite aunts!
Happy birthday Alison.

I think 34 is going to be a great year for her!!  So, Sunday after church and lunch at momma's...we went home and put E&E down for naps and I headed to Lowe's for some more paint!  This time I chose yellow.  Again it was the lightest yellow I could find.  Justin started trimming as soon as I got home.  It was going to take two coats to cover that pink.  After supper, baths, & getting E&E in the bed...I grabbed a roller and started painting too.  It was almost midnight before we finished but it looks MUCH better. Her room is almost finished now.  I am going to have a lady paint this sweet little saying I found over her bed for me and it will be done.  I will have to post more on that later.  Monday was a good day back into our normal routine.  E&E were back at school and didn't misbehave.  Tuesday was bitter cold and school was cancelled.  All day Tuesday...Justin kept telling me how cold he was and that he couldn't get warm.  Once he got home from work...I checked his temperature and it was 101.  So immediately I sent him to Doctor's Care.  Yep...he had the flu!  So, after a $25 dr. visit, $138 on medicine, and two days out of work...he realized the flu shot would have been much cheaper.  So, as soon as he came home he was confined to the bedroom for the next few days.  He didn't come out and we didn't go in there.  So of course I cancelled our annual gathering with my 96 girls that was supposed to be at my house this past Saturday night.  We probably could have had it but I wasn't sure if we would still be sick or not.  Thankfully I don't think any of us caught the flu...but we did have our flu shots!! Things at work are going to be totally different in 2014.  We sold our lab to an outside company so that means lots of changes are coming to D&F.  I'm still not sure what all that will mean for me but I do know it means no more switchboard!!  YAY!!!  I have been a fill in for answering the phone for 10 years now and I am GLAD to see that responsibility be passed on to someone else!  I know some other changes are coming but they are still working out all the details. I have been busy on my monogram machine!  I made Emma & Evan Valentine's day shirts.  Are they cute or what???






I also made them each another shirt but I haven't taken pictures of those so you will just have to trust me when I say they are cute!! :) We also made our Hearts 4 Kids Valentine's Day cards.  His Radio does this every year and they take the cards to kids in the hospital.  So, we started this tradition last year.  This year we did something a little different.  Emma & Evan really helped this year.  I know it is early but since it is raining and we couldn't go outside I decided to go ahead and make these.  Here are a couple pictures of our process and the final product.
Ready to paint!!

 My two sweeties after they had finished with their first "Love Bug"!  Momma only had to help a little.  I am too OCD to let them do it themselves when we are sending these to sick kids!! :)

 Waiting for the paint to dry!


And this is the finished product!!I hope the kids like them.  Mine sure had fun painting them! Emma & Evan are talking so much more now! It just amazes me how quickly we went from babies to talking toddlers.  They love to sing Jesus Loves Me.  I know they sing it at school but we have to sing it all the time.  They call it "Baby Jesus".  They are also loving singing the blessing right now.  It isn't unusual for us to say the blessing three or more times during our meals these days.  It blesses my heart to hear them...so we let them sing it as much as they want.  Don't even get me started on the 101 Dalmatian movie!! It is seriously getting old but they LOVE it.  They want to watch it all the time!!    In other toddler news...Evan has now used the potty two nights in a row on his own.  We still haven't started "potty" training yet.  But the past two night he has told us he needed to use the potty and once he gets in there...he goes!!  I am so proud of him!!  Yeah...the dreaded potty training is in our near future.  Emma has NO interest!  She just wants the cookie you get as a prize!!  Katie says I have lost my mind but I have started pinning ideas for their 4th birthday!  Yes...that says 4th.  The 3rd birthday party is already planned...remember it is the painting party.  The 4th birthday party is going to be a pajama/breakfast/pillowcase decorating one.  Katie went to a little boy's party a couple weeks ago where they did this and you wouldn't believe all the ideas on Pinterest.  I may be getting a little carried away...but this girl loves to plan a birthday party!! Well, it's consignment season and Lisa just texted me telling me she needs my clothes ASAP...so I've got to work on that!! Hope you have a great week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment