Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas!

This has been a very busy last few days!  We celebrated Christmas with Justin's family over the weekend.  Emma & Evan got scooters from Jason & Ashley and they love them.  It amazed me that as soon as Justin put them together Emma & Evan jumped on them and took off.  I didn't know they had ever seen anyone ride a scooter but I guess maybe it comes naturally!  Then, we went to the Leopard gathering on Sunday.  Evan got pj's and Emma got a mermaid toy that you get to dress up.  She was pretty excited.  Tuesday...we spent the day getting ready for our annual Christmas Eve gathering.  Evan & Daddy went to town to finish up some last minute things.   Emma stayed home to help me cook Santa's sugar cookies.  I noticed she wasn't beside me anymore and this is what I found...

She had scooted her chair over to the junk food cabinet, pulled out the chips, dumped some on the counter, and was digging in.  She wasn't much help...but the cookies were delicious!!  After naptime, we dressed and headed to church to the Christmas Eve service. 
This has always been a special part of Christmas for us.  Emma didn't make it long in the service.  As soon as we started singing...she started crying for the car.  I am not really sure why she hates anything the least little bit loud!  Evan was super.  He sat there the whole time.  Daddy & Emma did get to come back in right at the end.  Then, we headed home for a meal!  I decided to actually cook this year since I had Tuesday off work and I even pulled out the Christmas china.

It's funny because Katie's comment to me was...Oh, I just figured we would have soup!"  I guess she doesn't think I can cook...but I proved her wrong!  We had pan seared steak, truffle mashed potatoes, salad, bread, and homemade sugar cookies.  It was pretty good if I must say so myself!  Just ask my dad!! :)  Alison & Nick don't get to come because Nick's family gathering is Christmas Eve night.  After that we put on our Christmas pj's and set out Santa's cookies and milk. 

Emma & Evan were ready for Santa!!
 
It didn't take long and they were out for the night so Mr. & Mrs. Claus got to work.  We set everything out and headed to bed ourselves.  Since we have been sick for over a week now and our nights were pretty much sleepless during this past week...we are all catching up!  About 7:30 Emma & Evan woke up.  We brought them in our room and opened our first gift...Baby Jesus!  I want them to remember this is the reason we celebrate in the first place.  So, we opened our gift and Daddy read us the Christmas story.







This year I have really been aware of the true meaning of Christmas.  I have seen LOTS of post on Facebook about people spending thousands of dollars on gifts that kids won't even play with in a few weeks and they never seem to even tell their children that the importance of season isn't gifts...it's Jesus!  So, we like to start out with this before they get their gifts!!  Then, we headed into the den to see our gifts!  Santa brought Evan a tractor, clothes, a play-dough toy, movies, and snacks.  He brought Emma a dune racer, clothes, a play-dough toy, a movie, and snacks.  They were pretty excited to see their gifts! 

MaMa and PaPa came over to see what Santa brought Emma & Evan.  Then, Mrs. Brown & DeeDee came over to give E&E a gift and Grammy & Pop stopped by to see what Santa brought too.  After lunch we headed to MaMa & PaPa's to have Christmas with my family.  Aunt Katie was anxious to see Emma & Evan's toys from Santa.  Since we had MaMa's rocking chair we could only fit the tractor in the back of Justin's truck so that was all we took.  Evan would get on the tractor but he wouldn't push the pedal to make it go.  So Aunt Katie rode it around the yard trying to encourage him.  It didn't work...but Emma jumped in the trailer and went for a ride.  I am sure this toy wasn't made for a 30 year old adult...but it held it's own!!
The food was yummy as always and E&E got more gifts.  Emma got snacks, fireworks, Princess Lego's, a baby crib, a high chair, a stroller, the Cinderella movie, tickets to the circus, savings bonds, & money.  Evan got snacks, fireworks, more building blocks, a leap frog game, 101 Dalmatians movie, circus Lego's, circus tickets, savings bonds, and money.  These kiddos truly had a good Christmas.  Me & Daddy had a pretty good Christmas too!  I bought myself a monogram machine with some of my bonus money and it arrived right in time for Christmas!  Merry Christmas to me!

 Everyone else gave me money so a shopping trip is in my near future!!  Justin got clothes, money, a Clemson jacket, a Clemson belt, snacks...and a surprise.  I am not sure if this is for Christmas or it might be an early anniversary present.  We got my dad and uncle tickets to the Richard Petty ride along at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.  So, we decided to get all the guys tickets too.  They get to ride along with a professional race car driver.  They aren't doing this until March.  So, we are making a weekend of it.  So, that is why I am not sure if it will be a early Anniversary gift or if it will just be part of Christmas.  Anyways...we ended our night with a bath and put on our new pj's!  Then, we settled in to watch 101 Dalmatians.  They made it through about 3/4 of the movie before they were knocked out!  I was very impressed they sat that long and watched the movie.  We might can make a trip to the movies before too long! :)  Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment