Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!!!

So, yesterday me & Katie had a milestone birthday!  Yep...we are now 30 years old!  Wow...it seems like we were just turning 21!  Time has to be going faster than it was when I was younger.  So, how did I celebrate my day??  Well, this is what I got when I went to work first thing Tuesday morning. 
Apparently my co-workers think 30 is old!  I thought 30 was the new 20!!  Then, as I walked down the halls...this is what I see...


 


 

 
My mom gave them pictures of me and they made these cute little posters and hung them on every door in the building.  I wasn't expecting it this year.  It is normally only done when people turn 40 but since most of my co-workers won't be there when I turn 40...I guess they thought they had to get me this year.  It was all in good fun though.  It is crazy how many of them thought now think Evan looks like me!  Especially after seeing the first picture!  Then, at cake time...they proceeded to light 30 candles on my cake!  I surprised them all when I blew them all out on my first try!  That wish is coming true!!  Then, when I got back to my desk...I had this cute picture from Mrs. Melissa at school saying Happy Birthday Mommy!  

 
Then, last night we went over to my parents for a little family celebration.  We had a low country boil and it was yummy as always!  It was just our family. George, Justin's mom and step-dad, and Matt's mom and dad.  Katie took some pictures on her camera of the night since I left mine and my cell phone at home but she hasn't sent them to me yet.  They won't make my blog anyway...since I looked horrible in them.  My make-up was totally gone and I was not a fan of my outfit...so those pictures can just stay unseen as far as I am concerned!  It was overall a good day!!  So a lot of plans for the next few weekends have gotten changed.  We are now going fabric shopping Saturday morning because my mom's Sunday school party is Friday night and she has to help decorate.  We are still planning on going to Hollywild Friday night.  Our progressive supper that was scheduled for Saturday night got moved to closer to Valentine's day.  Our weekend trip to the mountains with KG that was supposed to be next weekend got moved to either sometime in January or February.  So, it looks like we won't be as busy as we had planned...and I like that!! :)  Be sure to check back for a blog post about the Hollywild trip!!  Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment