Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bake Baby Bake...

Welcome to the weekend!   Here's what we've done this weekend! Friday night was our annual D&F Christmas party at Stephen & Lori's house.  I look forward to this every year!  I just LOVE their house!  It is so normal to be so BIG!!!  Drinks were at 7:00 & supper was served at 8:00...so we left about 7:15 to head to Greenwood.  Momma was keeping E&E for us!  As soon as we finished with supper I happened to check my phone and see I had 2 missed calls from momma.  I knew something was wrong!  I picked up my phone to call her back and Justin's phone started ringing.  She was calling to tell us Emma was sick.  She was throwing up and Emma doesn't handle that well.  I think it scares her and she doesn't know what to do and that makes her being sick 10 worse than it would be normally!  So immediately we left and headed home.  We did take one picture of us though! 

Once we got home, I just held her for a while and she fell asleep.  So, she just slept with me & Justin for the night.  Thankfully she didn't get sick anymore once we got home.  We think she just ate too much Friday night.  So, we are hoping that was all it was.  Saturday morning we had planned to baked some goodies to take to a couple of people!  Since Emma seemed to be better...we went ahead with our plans.  Here are a couple pictures of us with our aprons on ready to cook!!
 

 
 And my sweet boy went with his daddy to the woods to check the trail cameras! I had him bundled up good!  This jacket was so puffy that it made his arms stand out!  Haha...but he didn't get cold!!
 


And here are our supplies.  We made pretzels dipped in chocolate, Ritz crackers dipped in chocolate, hay stacks, and peanutty white chocolate snack mix.  The pretzels were supposed to be decorated with icing...but since I couldn't get it to work right...we just skipped that part!! :) 

  
Momma came to help us with our baking!  And once Daddy and Evan got back home from the woods...Evan joined in on the fun!  
 

One more picture of my sweet boy!!

And here are our finished products.  I added some hot chocolate and a Christmas card and they were ready for delivery.  Since it was so late when E&E got up from their naps...they both slept over 4 hours...that we were only able to deliver one tonight. The other two will be delivered tomorrow.  After that we headed to O'Charleys for supper and to ride around and look at lights.  Every time we would pass a house lit up Evan would say..."Look at the lights right there!".  He was excited!  So, that was our weekend!  Tomorrow we have our Sunday school party and Emma & Evan have their Sunday school party.  They have to wear their pj's to church tomorrow night.  Thank goodness MaMa gave them new Christmas pjs to wear!! :)  Good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment