Sunday, October 27, 2013

Southern Living...


I wish this post would be full of the beautiful home pictures or delicious food pictures that you see in a Southern Living magazine but it will be far from it.  When you are from the south there are a few things that just come naturally...most of the time and one of those things is hunting.  Luckily for me...my hunny LOVES to hunt!  He also has big hopes that our sweet little man will share his love for hunting.  After Saturday morning...he might just get his wish.  Justin killed his first deer of the season and Evan was all over it when Justin brought it by the house.  He didn't mind touching it, playing with it's ears & antlers or even pushing on his eyeballs!  I know that is GROSS but Justin loved every minute of it!  Here are some pictures of my two men with the deer! 

This was as close as my sweet girl would get.  The whole southern girl things might have skipped over this one! :) 

 

Of course we took one of Daddy & Evan with the deer!  It was a pretty big deer.  It almost weighed 160 lbs.  For around here...that's a decent buck.  Then, it was one to another Southern tradition....a cookout, bon fire, and hayride!  Our Sunday school class had a get together Saturday night.  It was such a fun time.  Brian grilled us hotdogs while all the kids played in the field and the adults talked.  Then it was time to eat and Brian started the bon fire.  The kids had a ball making s'mores.  My two wouldn't even eat the marshmallows.   Then we all loaded up on the trailer and went for a hayride down through the woods.  We were all covered in blankets.  The kids were squealing and howling at the moon.  I seriously thought Emma and Evan were going to fall asleep.  It was definitely a fun night.  I think Brian said there were 53 people there.  Here are my two sweeties on our way to the gathering.  I should have taken their picture later on in the night with all our gear on!  They didn't get cold though!! :)

And lastly...today after church we went to Justin's mom's house for our annual Pumpkin carving with her sisters and their families.  Since we had already carved our pumpkins and all we had were the two small pumpkins Emma & Evan picked at the pumpkin patch...I took some paint and we just painted our pumpkins.  Here are a couple pictures from that get together!!  

 

My sweet boy painting away!!

 

And this is Daddy taking it easy!  He had things under control!!
 
We have had such a fun three day weekend spending time together as a family!  After we got home this afternoon and Evan woke up from his nap...yes Emma decided to forgo naptime again today...we went outside for a while so Daddy could cut the grass.  As I was sitting on the driveway watching Emma & Evan throwing a ball & chase, while squealing the whole time...I thought...this is what Southern Living truly is!  We are enjoying our sweet little ones and the joy they bring to our lives!  So, that it is for this little post!  Jason & Ashley brought us 6 more big trash bags full of clothes today...so I have a long night of separating clothes in front of me. Of what I have seen so far...it's shoes, pj's, sweaters, long sleeve & short sleeve button up shirts,  pants, jackets, pullovers....and who knows what else.  And don't let me for get to mention...this is all boy stuff 18 months to 2T.  I don't know where in the world they get all these clothes but I am sure thankful!  They said the girl stuff this size would be making it's way to us soon!  Yikes and Yippee all at the same time!!  Hope you all have a great week!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment