Tuesday, June 25, 2013

One in a Million...

I mentioned a couple post back that I was doing a bible study.  It is "One in a Million" by Priscilla Shirer.  I just love it when God's timing is perfect!! In this study we are learning about the Israelites and God leading them into & through the wilderness.  Everyone goes through the wilderness at some point in their life.  It has been neat to see that God actually allows those wilderness times to grow us closer to Him.  How many times in life do we tend to forget God when things are going our way??  It's the hard times that we tend to realize that we need Him and draw closer to Him.  I will be the first to admit...up until 2009 most of my life had gone like I had planned.  I finished high school and went on to Lander to get a degree in the field I chose, I married the man I wanted to marry.  I even got a job when others were having a hard time finding jobs.  We bought our first house and were able to fix it up like we liked.  Things were going pretty good for us.  It wasn't until 2009/2010 that things started not going like I had planned and that has become such a special time it my life.  We wanted a baby so bad and things just weren't happening like they were supposed too.  For once in my life...I wasn't in control and I had to learn to trust God.  I think He definitely used that time to show up in my life and show me how real He is.  I think often times....what would I be doing right now if things had gone like I wanted them too back in 2009??  Would I be close to God or would I just be carrying on with life like I had been?  One of the things Priscilla suggest we do is make a "He speaks to me folder" on our computer and write in it times that we have heard God clearly speak to us!  Then, when our wilderness times come we can look back and see how God has been there for us and brought us through tough times.  I know while we were waiting for God to bless us with a baby so many times I would be upset and would get the perfect email or would hear a song on the radio at the perfect time, so I knew it was God telling me to be patient.  That waiting was one of the hardest things I had ever had to do but looking back now...I am so glad it happened the way it did.  God did know what He was doing and I think how He has blessed me.  As I sat rocking my sweet boy to sleep tonight and watched my princess sleeping in the crib in front of me, I was reminded that I don't want control of my life.  If I had had things go my way...I would have never had the two precious babies I have!!  Is our life perfect???  Not by any means.  Are there days when I feel like I am just not equipped for the path God has place before me??  Absolutely.  But I also know that He has been so faithful to me for almost 30 years and there's not reason to doubt Him now.  I don't know about you...but I want to be that "One in a Million", who chooses to follow God through the good times and through the wilderness times!! 

1 comment: