Saturday, June 8, 2013

On to better things!

Have you ever felt there was a time in your life to just move on??  There has been a lot going on lately in our little town with the TB outbreak, the pointing fingers, and the ugliness people are showing is unreal. The situation is very unfortunate.  At first I didn't blame the first person who contracted the disease...even though now I do because he won't follow guidelines and isn't trying to not spread the disease any farther.  And I surely don't blame the other ones who have contracted the disease because it isn't their fault they were exposed to something without knowing it.  However, I do believe people should be told who actually has the disease so if you have been in contact with these people that you can be sure you aren't carrying the disease yourself.  As I sat in the doctor's office Thursday for my 15th million sinus infection...I couldn't hardly believe the conversations going on around me.  I just can't help but think how I would feel if I were the one who had caught the disease and people were talking about me that way!  I almost spoke up and said something and I probably should have...but I didn't!!  I do blame the school district because they knew well before May 27th that there was a possible TB case at the school.  I had even heard about it months earlier and I don't have any association with the school what so ever!  I feel that even if there hadn't been a confirmed case...they should have notified parents that they were investigating.  It is crazy how both the school district & DHEC started off saying they did everything they were supposed to, then DHEC fires people, and now with the lawsuits...they are both pointing fingers at each other trying to take the blame off themselves.  I think it is time for everyone to admit it wasn't handled right and move on to making sure this gets under control!  I think people just thrive off creating drama!  I feel like that even in my personal life.  There are people I am associated with that constantly are trying to do things to hurt others.  I can't understand that.  What do you really gain from hurting others??  I think it mostly comes from the fact that people are so unhappy in their own lives or are so jealous that they treat others ugly in efforts to make themselves feel better.  In reality that only hurts you!  Oh well...enough on that little side note!  We have a busy day ahead...so let me get going!!  Hope the rain holds off so we can get some things done!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment