Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Weekend--part 2!!

Today we are celebrating our father's!!  We started our day by giving Justin his present from Emma & Evan.  This momma worked real hard on this for him.  E&E don't like to sit still for pictures much less hold anything.  First let me show you our present...then I will give you some more details on how difficult this was!!

I was able to get the pictures of Emma & Evan each holding the "D" several weeks ago.  But at the time they weren't to into this little project so I decided to wait until this past Friday to try for the "A".  Nothing like waiting for the until the last minute.  Here is the process of how picture time went...

Great picture...just the wrong way for the picture frame. 
 

Evan is already bored with picture time and starts messing with Emma!

Then, he decides he wants to hold the "A".
 
And grabs it from Emma...to which she starts screaming!
 

Then, the fighting starts...  
 
 Like I said...Justin was lucky to get this gift. I couldn't help but post this process because it is so the story of our lives anymore!! HaHa!!  The poem included in the gift is called "Walk Alongside Me, Daddy. It's a sweet poem about Dads.  I thought it was fitting.  Now, on to the rest of our Father's Day!!  I got Justin a new blower.  His broke a few months back and he keeps saying he is going to fix it.  Well, I knew that would never happen so I just bought him a new one.  We were having breakfast at church so no need for me to cook Justin breakfast. We had a Sunday School social.  Tables were set up outside each classroom and everyone brought food.  So, before Sunday School started we got to walk down the hall and help us a plate for breakfast.  It's funny because all the people in our class have small children and most all of us brought things someone else made.  For example...I brought cinnamon rolls that BI-LO made.  None of us have time to cook in the mornings! :)  All the other classes had homemade stuff...but we got to enjoy it too.  After church, my family came over for lunch.  We had hash & rice, ribs, slaw, corn, deviled eggs, watermelon, tea, homemade ice cream & sugar cookies.  What a southern meal!  After lunch we gave out gifts and just sat around for a while. 
Then, we headed over to Justin's mom's for supper with his family.   Of course, we went fishing again.  There isn't much else to do out there in the middle of no where!  Corley, Cooper, & Reagan really get into fishing. Emma & Evan...not so much.  At least this time Justin actually caught something and let Evan help him reel it in.  Evan like that part but he wasn't a fan of the fish.  He inspected it while Justin took it off the hook. He wasn't about to touch it.  As soon as Justin threw it back in...then Evan decided he wanted to hold it.  It was too late then and that was our only catch for the night.  Emma wouldn't go near the fish either.  They both only had about an hour nap today..so they were a little lot cranky.  My kids need their sleep.  I think they may be kin to their momma!!   Here are a couple pictures of their first fish! 
This is Evan inspecting the fish as Justin gets it off the hook.

Here is Evan not wanting to touch the fish but wanting to know all about it!
 
Well, I have to go get ready for the week ahead.  It is going to be an exciting one.  My boss is going out of town for over a week and a half...starting Tuesday and I am on my own.  I've got this!!  I've got all Stephen's stuff caught up, so as long as he stays out of the office and Mr. Davis doesn't throw anything difficult my way...I should be good to go!  Prayers are appreciated!! :)  Only 4 weeks until the beach!! Hope you all have a good week!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment