Friday, May 31, 2013

Our last day at school...

Today was a kind of bittersweet day!  This is the last day of school for Emma & Evan.  They will be starting the summer program at South Main in a week...but I can't believe it has already been a year since they started.  They have grown so much!!  Here are their pictures from their first day compared to pictures on their last day. 

 
 
Where did my babies go??? They went from barely crawling in the first picture to barely sitting still in the second picture.  I was just sitting here looking through the books and pictures E&E's teacher sent home.  I actually started crying thinking about how quickly they are growing!  Mrs. Linda & Mrs. Kim took such good care of my babies this year.  I am beyond grateful that they are in a Christian daycare and just pray that the things they are learning even at their early age will help make them a good Christian boy & girl one day!! As sad as it makes me that I don't have babies anymore...we are truly enjoying watching them grown and learn.  These little bundles of energy are so much fun!!  Since Emma & Evan have come along...I have tried to do fun things with them and for them.  My latest attempt was making gifts for Emma & Evan to give their classmates and teachers on the last day of school.  Of course...I went straight to Pinterest and found the CUTEST ideas.  And they were extremely cheap too!  Here is a picture of their teacher gifts:
 
                

 
Just in case you can't read the card...It says "Thanks for helping us grow!"  How cute is that??  And now for our classmate gifts...

 

 These are straws with a packet of Kool-Aid.  The little tags say "Have a KOOL summer!"  I thought they were adorable as well.  We found the straws at Dollar General and the packets of Kool-Aid at the grocery store.  These will definitely be a must for the next few years!!  And one last Pinterest idea.  For Easter Emma & Evan both got the book "Oh, The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss.  The idea behind this is to get their teacher to sign their book every year and them give it to them at graduation.  Not really sure I will be following them through high school getting their teachers to sign this book...but for now...I think it is a cute idea!  Emma & Evan don't really care that I am going to great lengths to do fun things for them...but I sure hope they will appreciate it one day!!  Well, naptime is over...so until next time...we will be enjoying our little ones because time is sure flying by!!  Happy Friday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment