Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was my second Mother's Day!  I believe this has to be one of my most favorite days.  Not only because it is a day all about me but I also get to celebrate my WONDERFUL mother.  She has always been special to me but since I have become a mother myself...words can't describe how important she has become to me.  If it hadn't been for her generosity that allowed Justin and me to live with her for 11 weeks where she practically did everything for me to living with me almost the first 2 weeks of Emma & Evans life...I don't think 1) that they would have made it into this world so health or 2) that I would have survived the first few weeks.  Or better yet...the first year and a half!!  She is truly a life-saver.  So, my day started off great!  Justin, Emma & Evan gave me a cute hummingbird feeder and some candy.  Emma & Evan brought me my candy then proceeded to tear into it...so I think they enjoyed my gift a little too much.  I knew what I was getting because I picked it out! It came from Wyatt Farms.  If you ever need some cute outside things...go there.  I even already have gifts in mind for next mother's day...but anyways!!  Justin cooked us biscuits for breakfast and we headed to church!  Here are some pictures of me with my sweeties before church!


What an armful of sweetness!!  They are almost to big for me to hold at the same time anymore!! 
 
This morning sermon was on Eunice.  She is only mentioned this one time in the bible and it focuses on how important a Godly mother is to her children.  I especially enjoyed it because that was my great grandma's name.  Eunice was a Godly woman who passed that down to her son Timothy.  In my life, there will never be a more godly man than my grandpa was...and that was partly because he had a Godly mom.  Then, in Sunday School, the guys cooked us breakfast and dedicated the whole hour to us.  They were given questions to have our kids answer about us and then each one told what we mean to them.  Of course, Emma & Evan were too small to answer the questions but Justin's little speech about me made me cry.  It was so sweet!  I think every woman in there was crying after their husbands finished.  It was a special morning!!  Then, we headed over to Katie's for lunch.  Of course she out did herself.  She should be a caterer!!  Everything was so delicious. She even made my mom her favorite dessert...blackberry cobbler with woven crust that you vary rarely see anymore.  Emma & Evan even enjoyed that!!  After lunch...we headed to Justin's mom to celebrate with them.  Justin took his fishing pole, so we could see if Emma & Evan liked fishing.  They were only interested for a little while...mainly because we didn't catch anything!!  Their attention spans are very short!!  Then, Justin and Evan practiced a little T-Ball.  Corley is playing this year and brought all his stuff with him.  Evan tried really hard to hit the ball himself and did once...but it was much easier when Daddy helped.  Here are some pictures from our afternoon. 
Evan with his worm!

Doing a little fishing!!

This is one of my favorite pictures of them!!

Emma checking out what Justin is doing!

Evan's attempt at T-Ball without help!  He knocked the ball backwards!

This time was much better!!
 
These two little munchkins are my life and I am so glad God chose me to be their mom!!  I had a great Mother's Day and hope all you other mom's out there did too!! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment