Friday, May 24, 2013

Hooray for Friday!!!

I don't like to wish my life away...but I am so glad it is finally Friday!!  Justin has been in Portland, Oregon all week for work and his is coming home TODAY!!!  I've had Emma & Evan all by myself all week and I am one TIRED momma.  We left home Sunday morning at 7:00 and drove Justin to GSP to catch his first flight from Greenville to Atlanta.  I was trying to be a good wife and drive him so he wouldn't have to drive by himself.  I didn't realize that to get to GSP, you first have to get on I-385 and then I-85 and that after dropping Justin off... I would be traveling home by myself, with two babies, on the interstate, in the rain!!! We made it though!!  Thank goodness for DVD players!!  We didn't get home until 10:30.  That was 3 & 1/2 hours of straight driving!! Justin's flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake City was delayed because of weather...so Justin missed his flight from Salt Lake City to Portland.  After delays and missed flights...Justin finally got to his hotel Sunday night at 1:00 or 4:00 our time. Portland is 3 hours behind us in time.  That was 21 hours of traveling!!  He was exhausted. Our week has been about normal.  Emma & Evan were pretty well-behaved all week!!  I had a lot of people praying for me!! :) Thankfully 1) they have eaten good this week (no fighting with them to get them to eat!!) 2) Bath time wasn't a nightmare (we only got water all over the floor one time!!), 3) and they have slept in their own cribs all night every night (except for a little while Wednesday night!!)  I could never be a single mom!!  Justin drives me absolutely crazy sometimes...but life without him is HARD!!!  He was a sweetie and sent me flowers on Monday.  He knew I would be stressed having them all week by myself!!  Here are my flowers...

So, Justin should arrive in Greenville this afternoon at 5:10 and we will be there waiting to pick him up.  We haven't decided if we are heading to the Catfish Festival after we pick him up or just spending some time in Greenville.  Either way...we will just be glad he is HOME!!!  We are heading to the Zoo tomorrow with Lauren, Brian, & Colby.  Look for that post & lots of pictures to come later this weekend!! Praying for safe travels, no delays/problems, and an overall great Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment