Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Little Hunter

My hubby's softball team started play-offs tonight...so our house is quiet.  Emma & Evan are already in bed and I have a few minutes to blog!  I am not exactly sure how Justin's team made it to play-offs...because they won like one game all season.  Regardless...he enjoys playing and I really don't mind it.   Most of their games are at like 9:00 so E&E are ready for bed before he even leaves.  Back to the main reason for this post.  When Emma & Evan were tiny Justin said he was taking Evan hunting when he was 2 years old.  I told him then he was crazy that my baby wasn't going to the woods that soon.  Well...I lost that bet.  Two weeks ago...Evan went on his first hunting trip.  He was so excited.  Justin brought Emma to me at work and we did a little shopping while the guys headed to the woods.  They got to the woods about 5:45 or so and stayed until almost 7:00.  I was a little nervous but I have to realize if I want him doing things like this later in life...he has to be introduced to it early!  Justin even admitted it went much better than he expected.  Evan sat in the stand and even whispered when he wanted to say things.  However...they didn't see any deer.  Justin was hoping at least a doe or something would come out for him to see...but that didn't happen.  So, these are the pictures Justin took from the afternoon.
                   
Walking to the deer stand and he looks so grown.  Sniff Sniff!! :(

A quick selfie!

Evan climbing up,  This picture makes me nervous.  I am so glad I wasn't around for this.  I know I am way too overprotective...but he could have fallen!  This is the type of events where bubble wrap would come in handy! :)

Checking out the box stand!

Another selfie in the stand!

So, that was their trip.  Justin already has plans to take him again.  Evan may grow up and hate hunting and I've already told Justin we will support him in whatever he chooses to like...but this sweet boys Daddy is going to be heart broken if he doesn't like hunting.  But...I don't see that happening.  A love for hunting is in his blood! :)  I am so grateful Justin wants to spend time with our sweeties!  And I can't leave my sweet Emma out!  


I have to share a picture of the two of them from Sunday!  My sweet girl loves her boots and wants to wear them everyday!  I know these two belong to me...but I think they are the cutest little almost three-years ever! I can't believe they will be three in about two weeks!  Life is passing by so quickly and we are trying to make the best of the time we have with them!  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment