Sunday, November 9, 2014

A rough week for Evan...

Of my two kids...Evan isn't usually the one that gets hurt.  Don't get me wrong...he does lots of crazy things but he thinks everything through before he does it.  Emma on the other hand just flies by the seat of her pants.  If she sees it and thinks it's fun...she is going to do it with little thought.  When I cam home Wednesday afternoon, this is what I saw...
And believe it or not...it was MUCH worse in person.  I have never seen a knot on someone's head that big!  Justin and Evan were wrestling on the bed (Let me just add...momma had told them NOT to do this) and he fell and hit the foot board.  I of course made Justin call the doctor to be sure he didn't have a concussion or anything like that.  She told us symptoms to watch for and to check him every couple hours during the night.  Don't worry...he slept with me so I could be sure he was alright.  Justin said he cried very little.  Only because he didn't want to keep the ice on it Justin fixed, so he kept telling Justin he was alright.  Thursday, when I got home something about Evan's left eye didn't look right.  So, I examined him closer and yes...he had a black eye!  I guess we were so worried about the knot on his head that we didn't even notice he had hit his eye too.  So, he was going to be a sight for family pictures we had planned for Saturday.  Then, Friday we were outside playing and Evan started crying to come inside.  That is not like him.  So, we came in and he laid on the couch watching TV.  I felt his forehead and it was warm.  I just thought he was hot from playing outside.  A little while later, I felt him again and he was burning up.  Yep...he had a fever.  So not only did my sweet boy look horrible...he felt horrible too.  So, we called off family pictures for Saturday morning and headed to the doctor.  We got him an antibiotic and he is already feeling better.  His fever was gone by last night and he was back to his normal playing self.  The black eye is much better and the knot on his forehead is gone.  The bruise is still there though.  So...it was a ROUGH week for my sweet Evan.  We are getting ready to CELEBRATE two sweeties birthdays this coming weekend.  You would know an arctic blast is predicted for this week.  I am not panicking though!  I prayed about it weeks ago and it is going to be a gorgeous day for painting outside!  We do have the garage cleaned out though...just in case! :)  Last week when I started looking at the weather it was going to be raining and 50 degrees.  Just now it has changed to sunny and 55 degrees.  Not to bad if it would just be a couple degrees warmer!  We will take sunny and 55 though!  We have a lot of other things going on this weekend as well.  Lillianna and Emma Price's birthday parties are Saturday morning as well.  They are both from 10:00-12:00 so I don't think we are going to be able to make either.  I can't do that and still have everything set up for our party by 1:00.  Emma Price has the exact birthday as E&E.  I think that is cool!  Sunday is Laney's dedication and lunch at Katie's and then Adrian's 1st birthday party is Sunday afternoon!  It is crazy that she is already a year old!  So, be sure to come back for a birthday party update!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment