Saturday, August 31, 2013

A is for Apple...

For everyone that knows Evan knows his favorite word and I do believe his first word ever was apple!  When I got some apples to make our cute teacher gifts a while back and gave Emma & Evan one of their own and realized how much they actually liked to eat apples...I knew we had to make an apple picking trip! I wanted to go to the mountains but just couldn't find a whole weekend to devote to this little adventure so a day trip would have to suffice!  I found an apple orchard right outside of Spartanburg so we got up early this morning and headed that way. It was Nivens Apple Orchard.  They have an apple orchard, pumpkin patch, corn maze, hay rids, go-kart races, farm animals, gem mining, a playground, a picnic area and a store where you can buy anything and everything that can possibly be made with apples!  I tried to limit the pictures I put on the blog but I still ended up with a lot so just bare with us! 
Our picnic basket packed and ready to go!  Finally got to use this!

Here we are in front of the gem mining!


My sweet girl waiting on the hayride to start.

Evan didn't want to stop for picture time!  Always on the go!

Checking out the pigs!

Here you got to dress the scarecrow.  E&E wouldn't dare put their heads in this for a picture but I took one of the scarecrow anyway.  I thought this was a neat idea.

The tractor and trailer arrived.  Time for the hayride!

Here we go!

Family photo!

Emma looking over at the scenes on the Character Trail

Evan checking them out too!

The tractor dropped us off in the apple orchard and it was time to pick apples!


Here is my hot sweaty boy carrying his apples!

Emma carrying her apples!

Evan trying to feed the cow one of his apples!

Time for our picnic!


And we sampled one of the apples on the ride home!

They must have been good because they ate them all!
 
We had a fun filled morning.  This afternoon Brantlee & Easton were over at Marty & Nancy's so we played with them a while before supper, while Justin and the other guys played corn hole! Since our naptimes were VERY short today E&E both were asleep by 7:30.  Now, Justin and I are watching the Clemson game in peace & quiet!  I have one happy Tiger fan!  Tomorrow is going to be a BUSY day.  We have a pot luck breakfast in the morning so I will be up early cooking for that.  Then, we have the family day at the lake where I have to take a dish, and then we are having a birthday party for Justin at our house tomorrow afternoon.  That is a lot of cooking for someone who doesn't cook!  It is a little early for Justin's birthday but it was a good time since his brother was already going to be in town.  So, come Monday...we are relaxing and getting the pool for one last time.  Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend and a great Labor Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment