Saturday, August 17, 2013

It's still raining...

It is still raining here and I am bored, so yes...the blog is getting another update!  We were stuck inside all yesterday afternoon and all morning so we decided to get creative and have some fun!  I saw this cute idea on Pinterest where you use pipe cleaners and a colander and thread the pipe cleaners through the holes.  We already had pipe cleaners and a colander...so we played with that for a while.  This is good hand eye coordination practice right??
 
Then, I brought out the tunnel and made a tent with blankets and a chair.  Emma is no longer afraid of the tunnel.  That kept us busy for quite a while. 


 
Then, when daddy came home from work we did a little art project.  We had to wait for him to bring us poster board from DG!  I bought this paint for them for Easter and what a better time to bring it out.  It is washable...but I still wanted this little project done outside.  I am SO thankful for a garage that can be closed to keep toddlers confined! :)  Here are a couple pictures from our art project!!


 


I think they enjoyed themselves! Emma & Evan are taking their naps now, Justin is outside still straightening up and organizing his building, and there is nothing on TV!!  Sounds like another afternoon nap in my near future.  We were deciding what to get into tonight.  I mentioned the idea of Chuck E Cheese in Greenville but Justin said no.  So, we might head out for pizza and to Jumpin Jax!  We have to spend this energy somehow!  If you are wondering...our cookout got moved to next weekend.  Rainy cold weather doesn't go with a cookout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment