Saturday, August 10, 2013

Weekend Fun...

Well, let me back up a minute.  We went to Switcharoo's Thursday and found LOTS of things.  I got E&E each over 15 outfits, coats, & shoes!  We are ready for Fall/Winter...don't you think??



















Friday we started on the deck.  We already had the paint and I was anxious to get going.  By Friday night 3/4th of the floor on the lower part of our deck was painted but that was it and we were out of paint!  We bought a 3 gallon bucket and that was all it covered.  This paint goes on THICK!!!  So, that ended our process for the night.  Can you believe I didn't take a before picture???  That is just not like me to take a picture! So, since Justin was heading to the woods this morning with Matt to work on the hunting lease, we packed up and headed back to Lowe's for more paint.  Once we got back home, I went back to painting.  E&E were eating their popsicles and playing, so I got about 30-45 minutes of painting in.  It was just too hot to stay out there!  I think I picked the hottest weekend of the summer to paint the deck.  This is my progress so far...

So, then we just came back in for lunch & naps.  When Justin got home he had some watermelon my mom had sent.  She knows these babies LOVE watermelon.  So, of course we ate that and went for a swim. 



Then, I decided I wanted some ice cream!  So, we went for ice cream at Charlie B's and Justin headed to the doctor.  He's ear has been hurting and he finally went and got some medicine!  While Justin was gone we played outside the whole time.  He still had his trailer in the front yard and they climbed on that thing for probably over an hour. By the time Justin got home, it was time for me to start supper.  So, while I cooked Justin took Evan riding on the 4-wheeler.  He loves to ride and since Emma doesn't she came inside with me! I made some shrimp pasta for supper and it was a hit!  Both babies cleaned their plates!  Our bath times have become somewhat of a nightmare!  They don't like to wash their hair and they refuse to sit down.  It is quite impossible to bathe a moving target.  Earlier this week I pulled out the bath crayons I bought them for Easter.  These have helped with bath time TREMENDOUSLY!!! They are too occupied to know what we are doing to them!   Here it is a little after 7:00 and I think if we would go lay E&E down they would be out for the night.  We are watching Mickey Mouse...hopefully to keep them up a little while longer so maybe they will sleep a little later in the morning.  Sunday mornings go much better if Justin and I are ready before they get up!  Since it is raining here...nothing else will get done on the deck.  No worries though...Justin WILL work on it tomorrow!  Hope you guys have a great rest of the weekend.  I have lots to look forward to next week...bible study Monday, where we are having a teacher/student prayer time and making CUTE gifts for the teachers, I'm off Tuesday & Wednesday afternoons since my mom has to stay all day the first 3 days this week, & then Thursday, we are doing the Paint & Pour!  Justin & I had talked about having a cookout next weekend before school starts...so that maybe happening too!  Lots going on....

No comments:

Post a Comment