Saturday, August 30, 2014

New adventures coming our way...

Well...it's been a while since I blogged!  Life has been a little busy and now to top it off we have added football season and hunting season!  Dove season starts Monday and bow season follows right after!  So, our life will be even more busy or rather...Daddy's life will be more busy!  So, what are the Turner's up too???  Well since we have been stuck at home for the last month with no school...we have been getting outside a lot trying to spend some of their energy!  I haven't really taken a lot of pictures but these are a few I wanted to share.
There are no words to describe Emma.  She loves for everything to match!  We were heading outside one afternoon and we even had to change her hair bow and panties so they would all be pink!  She is one styling little girl! Don't overlook the Mickey Mouse bracelet that we wear everyday!

  She begs us regularly to let her wear this princess dress! And to have been someone who refused to let me put her hair in a pony tail...she loves it now!  And of course...she loves to wear a hat!  But notice the chalk all over her legs where she drew on herself!  I can't quite figure this girl out!  She sure is a cutie though!  

On Monday nights while I am at bible study...Justin likes to take Emma & Evan with him to the woods.  This past Monday was no exception.  On my way there I get a call from Justin telling me I might want to come home as soon as bible study is over.  I immediately ask what is wrong and he calmly says...well Emma fell out of the golf cart and is crying for you.  So, I asked is she was saying anything hurt and he said no that only things she would say was her lip...that a brier caught her as she fell out.  My poor child was cut all up from that brier and it wasn't just her lip.  It was her face, her arm, and her leg!  It didn't affect her though...she still wants to go back with Daddy next time.  
I think this picture was pre-falling out!

Emma & Evan will be starting to Building Blocks the week after we come back from vacation.  I have dreaded them not going to LE this year and I was really sad when all the other kids went back on Monday and mine didn't go...but I think this will work better for us right now.  I have changed my schedule again at work and between me & momma they won't have to stay there all day...which is a relief!  So, that will be a new adventure.   Speaking of new adventures...as the title hints...we are now sleeping in toddler beds!  Yes, I know I am crazy.  The cribs were still working for us but almost three year olds don't need to still be sleeping in cribs.  So, last night was our first night and night one didn't go well.  Emma did fine. She climbed right in and went to sleep.  Evan cried for a solid hour!  He didn't get out of the bed...he just stood there crying!  He was not a fan of his new bed.  We knew he wouldn't be though.  You should have seen the crying he did while Justin was changing it over.  So, after an hour of crying like that...Justin went and got him and rocked him in the den.  He actually just laid with him in the recliner and they both slept until Justin heard Emma hit the floor.  Yep...she rolled out of the bed.  He immediately ran to put Evan in his bed and scooped Emma up.  She laid right back down though and went back to sleep.  An hour later...we were snoozing away in our bed and here comes Evan into our room crying.  So, we just put him in our bed!  So, I was real skeptical of how nap time would go today.  Evan cried again as we put him in the bed, but he didn't get out.  About 5 minutes later he was out!  Emma went straight in her room and laid down. She loves her new bed!  So, here are our toddler beds!   


As I mentioned...Thursday started college football season.  Of course we dressed for the occassion as we cheered on our Carolina Gamecocks.  We headed over to Alison's to watch the game with the crowd and even though the outcome of the game was HORRIBLE...we still had a great time socializing!  Here are my sweeties all dressed up and a picture of my sweet girl with my most precious niece!!

     

My most precious nephew was there too but he snoozed the whole time.  But I got to hold him the majority of that time...so it was okay!  Then, today Justin's tigers played so I had to dress them in their Clemson attire so Daddy would be happy! 
 I think they look much cuter in Garnet & Black though! :)  

Our birthday party planning is in full swing!  Their presents from us arrived last week, I am ordering their Polar Express tickets that my mom & dad are giving them this week, we now have painting canvases, the food list has been made, outfits have been picked out & will be ordered soon, and the list goes on and on!  My mom is going to make part of Emma's outfit I think but she still has plenty of time.  So, we are really getting excited for our painting party!  And we are already praying for good weather!  I have also decided on their Halloween costumes I think.  They are going to be a cowboy and cowgirl.  Cute stuff!  Tomorrow night is the make-up fireworks in 96.  We are still debating on whether we want to attempt to go to that.  Emma HATES fireworks with a passion!  Evan doesn't love them either but he's nothing compared to Emma.  We may go to see everyone for a little while though. Then, we hope to have a cookout here as we celebrate Labor Day.  We can hopefully go swimming one more time Monday before we close it up for the winter.  We are looking into getting us an in-ground pool next summer.  Not sure if that will work out or not...but I get excited thinking about it!  Then, we leave for vacation next weekend!  So, we have a busy few weeks ahead of us!  Come back for a glimpse of our first family vacation with 4 kids!  Yikes!  Have a great weekend & holiday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment