Sunday, August 17, 2014

Fun, Fun, & More Fun...

Well, the weekend has already come to an end.  Boy are we tired but it sure was a fun one.  As soon as I got off work on Friday, I ran home grabbed Emma & Evan, raced back to Greenwood, picked up Katie, and headed to Simpsonville.  I had hoped to get off early so we could leave at 11:00 but that didn't happen.  Regardless...we ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A and headed to the waterpark.  It was the neatest little place.  There were lots of people there including several people from Greenwood that we knew.  We started with the lazy river and then went over to the kiddie part.  Emma & Evan weren't thrilled at first because wherever you go over there you are constantly getting sprayed.  They finally warmed up.  They never did attempt any of the slides.  There were lots of kids and I think that intimidated them.  We definitely have plans to go back next year.  This was the last week they are open for the summer.  Here are the few pictures I took.
Heading to the water park!

The kiddie zone!

All four of us ready to play!

                      
Taking a little break to wash the water out of our faces!

And look what Friday just happened to be!  Of course we got one!!  YUM!!!

So, we left about 4:00 to head home.  Emma & Evan were supposed to be at the church at 6:00 for Parent's Night Out!  We dropped Katie off at 5:25.  That gave me 35 minutes to get all the way back to 96...change all of our clothes, pick Justin up, and get back to church.  Needless to say it was about 6:15 when we dropped them off but that was pretty good timing!  Justin and I had a date night.  We had planned to go to J Peter's a new restaurant in town but since I didn't have time to take a shower and get ready...we ended up at Chili's and Wal-Mart.  It was a fun night regardless!  Then, Saturday we went out to spend the evening at Alison and Nick's.  We did a little fishing and had supper.  Here are the few pictures I took out there!  

                       
All loaded up waiting on Nick and I got to hold the sweet little fella!  I was trying to hold him and take his picture is why this picture is so up close!  I just love this little boy!  He's so sweet and cuddly!

                     
My big boy caught his first fish all by himself!  Justin threw the line out.   He reeled it in and there was a fish on it!  He was so proud of himself.  And of course my little princess just danced around and watched!  She did actually reel in a fish too though!

                   
Nick and Katie trying to convince Evan to hold the fish!  He wanted too but just couldn't quite get up his nerve!

They did finally talk him into holding the fin of a fish!

He had no problems with the worms though!  

Emma didn't mind the fake ones!  

So, we had a great night.  So, today we headed to church and over to momma's for lunch.  Then, we all came home and took a nap!  Justin and I had plans but we took a nap along with Emma & Evan instead.  Love a lazy Sunday afternoon.  So, I have two more pictures to share and that will be it for this blog update.  My grandpa had this one gun that was the first gun he ever had.  He had saved it for his first grandson since he only had a daughter.  Then, along came us three girls so he then saved it for his first great grandson!  So, before he died he told my dad he wanted Evan to have this gun.  My dad cleaned it up and got it all ready for Evan and decided to give it to him a couple weekends ago.  Now of course it will be a while before he shoots it but he was sure excited to hold it.  Justin got himself a new gun too that same week...so it was only fitting to take a picture.  This gun isn't worth very much and to most it won't mean a thing...but to Evan it will be a special gift from his great-grandpa!  

Oh how I wish Papa was here to see him.  He would be so proud of Evan!  He would love his love for animals and for pie!  I just hope Evan becomes half the man my sweet grandpa was!  And I have to share this picture of my little southern girl!  She loves her jewelry, she loves her shoes, she loves her hats, and she loves to ride a tractor!  Doesn't get any better than this! 


We are so blessed to call these two kids ours!  Life is crazy most days, sleep is something we never do anymore...but it's our life and this is Our Faithful Journey!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment