Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day & a little weekend fun!!!

Well, it's already another weekend!  This week flew by!  I guess it was because we had a lot of stuff going on every night this week.  Monday was bible study, Tuesday Justin went to eat at Shealy's with his bible study group, Wednesday I went to the visitation at the funeral home for a friend's uncle who passed away and Justin went bow fishing, Thursday we started the process of uncovering the pool and had to be inside by 8:00 to watch the NFL draft. So, see it was something every night!  That was a lot but we survived.  Let me back up to Wednesday.  Remember I was making homemade cinnamon rolls for Teacher Appreciation.  Well, this is a picture of them before I added the frosting.  Don't they look YUMMY???

Since I made 3 dishes of them...I sampled a few.  So did Emma, Evan, & Justin. Trust me...they were YUMMY!!  Also, here are the cute little gifts we made for Mrs. Melissa and Mrs. Carmen.
It was a pedicure basket with flip flops, toenail polish, polish remover, cotton balls, and clippers.  The tag said "We "toe"tally appreciate you!"  Can you tell that was a Pinterest idea??  Friday night we celebrated Mother's Day with Justin's family in Union.  Jason & Ashley grilled out and they kids got to play together for a little while.  I think everyone had a good time.  Saturday morning , we made a quick trip to Greenwood to get some supplies for our attempt at being crafty for Mother's Day gifts from Emma & Evan.  I painted their feet and we made butterflies on flower pots.  They turned out really cute.  I thought I had taken a picture but apparently I didn't.  I will have to take one when we go to momma's this week.  Saturday afternoon, some friends invited us over to grill out.  They had a bouncy house for the kids to play on.  And Caleb took them all on a ride around the house.  It was so cute to see them take turns riding with him! Emma & Evan had a great time!
                 

Just so you know Evan is getting one of those toys in the second picture.  He loved it.  You would step on the plate on the ground and the arm raises up and hooks the ball on the cord hanging down. It was the neatest toy!  Then, yesterday...we celebrated Mother's Day!
This is one of the only pictures I could get with both of them.  Emma looks a little surprised!  I could just squeeze those little faces!  I am so blessed to be their mom!!   Emma & Evan gave me the sweetest poem about being a Mother of Twins and a picture of the two of them.  Justin actually put some thought into a meaningful gift and I loved it!!  We had breakfast served to us in Sunday School again this year.  Justin actually asked E&E the questions this year and the answers were no where close to what they should have been but that is something I will treasure forever!!  As he was reading their answers I can so hearing them saying it.  What a special time it was this morning.  Then, we went to Katie's to celebrate with my mom. 
We had to take a picture of us girls with momma!   Katie did the meal and it was great as always.  We had ham, spinach salad, tomato pie, broccoli salad, fruit, bread, & strawberry trifle for dessert.  My parents are getting ready to plant new shrubbery at their house...so we had the perfect gift for my mom this year, a gift certificate to help buy the shrubbery!  I love a practical gift.  You are probably wondering what Justin got me for Mother's Day???  Well, it will hopefully be coming this weekend after we view our pictures from Trinity Street.  The plans are to print a portrait of Emma and one of Evan for my dining room and then to print one of the whole family for my living room over the fireplace.  Since that is 3 big canvas pictures and I will need frames for them to go in....I told Justin he could just help me pay for that!  If the pictures don't turn our like I hope they will..I am sure I can come up with something for him to buy me! :) Mary Anne just sent me a text tonight saying she can't wait for me to see our pictures.  I am SO excited to see them!!  I am super excited that I may have finally found some curtains for my den also.  You would think it would be easy since green & brown are the only two colors in my den...but our green color is not a popular color apparently.  I was hoping to find something patterned that still had that green in it to help add some color to our room! I found what I think will be perfect on Etsy.  They are custom made curtains and the girl is going to send me a sample of the fabric before I order them.  It looks like it will be the perfect green with a rust color...which I think is VERY close to my kitchen color, and an burnt orange color.  I hope these will work.  The last time I ordered curtains thinking they would be perfect...when they got here they were blue and nothing like the picture on the internet.  So, after I get her sample...I will know for sure if these will work.  I sure hope so because it is very cute fabric!!  So, that was our weekend hope you all were able to celebrate with your mom's!  There is no other job in this world as important as being a parent!!  Have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment