Friday, May 30, 2014

Busy is an understatement....

Oh my goodness...I feel like I have a newborn again.  We have been functioning on very little sleep around here.  Mainly it's because once again we are in remodeling mode!  Last Friday, we ripped the old flooring up in our dining room and had plans to start putting down the new flooring Saturday morning as soon as Justin got home from work.  A guy that works with Justin came over once they got off work and he decided we needed to start in our den to keep from having to work backwards halfway through our room.  Thank goodness he made that decision because that saved Justin a lot of time.  However...we had to move all our furniture back into the dining room and rip up the den & hall flooring.  It was late Saturday afternoon before we really even got started.  We worked our tails off.  Not to mention...we had two two years old to entertain while we were working.  We even kept working through nap time and after they would go to sleep at night.  Thank goodness my two can sleep through anything.  Even with the air compressor running constantly, Justin sawing right outside Emma's room, the nail gun, and all the hammering...they snoozed right on!  Most people were out vacationing or on the lake and we were inside putting down flooring.  It was well worth it though.  It is now a week later and we are 99.9% finished.  Justin is hopefully going to get the last few pieces put down tomorrow.  Here are a few pictures.  I forgot to take a before picture.
                      
Doesn't it look good???  I love the wide planks!  Justin still has to finish the side piece in the first picture and put back down our shoe molding.  It looks MUCH better though!

Then, this week...Emma & Evan had their first swimming lessons.  I was thinking Emma would do better and of course they proved me wrong.  Emma would cooperate about 15 minutes and then she just wanted to play.  Evan did great.  He only cried on time and that is because the water was cold!  Once he got use to it...he was fine.  I took a couple pictures of our swimming lessons.  I tried to stay out of the way, so they would listen to her and not worry about what I was doing...so these pictures are from a distance.  Even Morgan bragged on how well Evan did.  She thinks he will catch on to swimming pretty quickly!  
Emma at one of her lessons!

And I was trying to keep her quiet while Evan had his lesson.  I could just eat her up!  

                      
And my sweet boy during one of his lessons!

After their first lesson...we went to Chick-Fil-A and got ice cream because they did so well!  

Wednesday...Davis & Floyd celebrated our 60th anniversary!  We had a big event in Columbia.  That was a central location for all of our offices.  They rented buses and drove us all down there.  I think there were only about 5 people from our office that didn't go.  All of our Columbia office was there.  Most of the Charleston group came.  The Florence group were all there but none of the Hickory group made it.  So, we had a good crowd...not to mention all the outside guest that they had invited.  We had a fun night celebrating and are looking forward to another 60 years.  The reminded me that I could probably be around when we celebrate 100 years.  I said there is no way I'd still be working then...because I'd be 70...but the way things are going in our world anymore...I may still be working at 70.  Plus...the average age of people at D&F is well over 50!  People don't ever retire from there.  It is a great place to work.  I am excited about the future!  

Then, today was our last day of school!  I can't believe it is already another year behind us!  I of course took pictures of my sweeties this morning.  They have grown so much this past year.  
                            
They have had such a good year and have learned so much.  I know I am partial but I feel like they are doing very good for their age.  They can talk in sentences very good.  They know almost all of their colors, numbers, and are starting to learn letters.  They just amaze me everyday with what all they are learning.  We of course had to make our classmates a goodbye gift.  We got them beach balls and the little note says...We hope you have a ball this summer.  How cute was this?? 
It was of course a Pinterest project!  So, that ends another year at Learning Express.  I am still not sure what I going to do with E&E next year.  We have another few weeks before I have to decide that for sure.  Anyways...it is now after 11:00 and once again we aren't in the bed!  So...good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment