Monday, March 24, 2014

A memory I don't want to forget...

When I started this blog the whole purpose was to document things going on in our life.  I know I share way more than most of you even care to know!  Sorry!!  Every 6 months, I try to remember to print my blog so anytime I want I can look back and remember Emma & Evan's childhood.  I also want them to be able to look at the books and remember things they did.  Evan has always loved music from day one.  I think playing Baby Einstein to them everyday highly influenced Evan.  Emma loves to sing but she is a lot like my dad and will just make up her own songs.  Evan can hear a song a couple of times and he will remember the tune, some of the words, and will try to sing along.  My most favorite song right now is "Keep Making Me", by Sidewalk Prophets.  If you haven't ever heard this song...please go listen to it!  It is one of the three songs I have actually downloaded to my phone.  Yes, I listen to it a lot and even sing it to Emma & Evan a lot.  They are the lucky ones who get to hear me sing and don't ever tell me how horrible I sound!! :)  This morning Evan was playing his games on my phone while I was getting Emma dressed.  He knows how to work my phone very well.  When I got him and started dressing him...he turned on the music and this was the song that started playing.  He started singing along with the song.  Don't get me wrong...he doesn't know every word to the song but you could definitely tell he knows the tune and certain words in the song.  I quickly carried him in the kitchen for Justin to listen too.  As soon as we walked in the room, Justin looked over and asked me "Is he singing that song??"  I just stood there holding him crying thinking what an awesome sound it was to hear my sweet boy singing or trying to sing a Christian song at age 2!!  I know how happy my heart was so I can only imagine how big God's smile was at that moment!  Evan had gotten a lot of negative attention lately with his misbehaving at school...but this definitely got his some good attention!  It was also a reminder to me just how much of an impact everyday things have on them.  I know they hear things we listen to and things we say...but to hear him repeat that song the way he did was a strong reminder that I am leading him & Emma! What a honor that is!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment