Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Little Bit of Everything...

Today has been quite the busy day!  It was supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny and we had planned to take FULL advantage of that! Justin headed to the woods to cut some trees and we headed outside this morning at 9:00 and other than coming in for naps...we were out there pretty much all day!  I loved every second of it and I am pretty sure Emma & Evan did too. Alison was coming over this morning to help me pain the box for her reveal party, so until she got there they played on their cars and guess who finally let Evan drive her around and then actually drove by herself???  Yes...Emma!!
 
Back to the reveal party...We are all pretty sure it is a boy, however....Justin says he is wearing pink to the party because he thinks it is a girl.  I asked Emma & Evan both at different times what the baby was and they both said girl.  So, it looks like everyone in the Turner household except me will be wearing pink in two weeks!!  We are using balloons to reveal what Baby Romagnoli is...so this is our finished balloon box!!  
Since we were painting...I got out Emma & Evan's paint and let them paint along with us.  That was much easier than trying to keep them away from our little project!
After we finished with our painting...we headed over to my parents to fly our kites.  It had been windy all morning, so I thought it would be a good day to fly kites and we could get them up in the air...but they wouldn't stay.  Emma & Evan liked watching me & Justin running around trying to fly kites.  They ran around the field with us but that was about the extent of their kite flying!  I took lots of pictures but these are the only ones you can really tell what we are doing! :)
      

   
After lunch and nap time...we headed out to Connie Maxwell.  A girl in our bible study told me there were lots of baby goats born there within the past two weeks and that we needed to take E&E out there.   Evan loves any kind of animal and I told him if he was better at school after his couple of bad days that we could go.  Thankfully he was good Thursday & Friday, so he got a little treat!  They both loved all the animals.  Even Emma tried to pet the horse and goat that actually came near us.  However...she wasn't a fan of the little puppy out there.  She would run from him and he thought it was a game and chased her.  Needless to say...she did not like him!  Here are a couple pictures from that outing!!
                 
Daddy, Emma & Evan trying to get the horse to come close and Emma & Evan petting one of the goats!
              
They were just standing there looking at the llama.  Then, here he came.  Emma backed up but Evan just looked at him!

                      
                   Here is Miley and Emma trying to run from him.  It was too funny!!

                
We played a little while on the play set.  And this last picture I just love.  There were kneeling down talking to each other about the animals! How sweet are they??? After we left Connie Maxwell...headed out for supper and to Dairy Queen for ice cream.  Today is my mom's birthday and we were going to stop by there anyway to get her a cake for her party tomorrow so we figured we would go inside for a little treat ourselves!  So, that was our day.  Since we are losing an hour of sleep tonight...we are hoping it won't affect Emma & Evan too bad! They are already in the bed snoozing away and Justin & myself are heading that way soon!  Oh yeah..let me show a couple pictures of how our house updates are coming.  
                 
Doesn't it look better already??  Now...that other light has got to go!! And the painting in Emma's room is finished...but by me and not by the lady I had planned to do it.  I was proud of myself and the way it turned out!  I am crafty after all!! :) 
Our new flooring has shipped and should arrive this week.  Darnell is going to start on our doors probably the next week.  It's coming along!  That is it for our day...hope you got outside and enjoyed this beautiful day!!  Good night and don't forget to set your clock forward!!  Yay for daylight savings time!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment