Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I Love You...

Each night our routine is the same!  We take a bath and put on our pj's or t-shirt or whatever we decide to let them sleep in that night.  Then, we head to the den and drink some milk while we watch TV.  If Justin is in a generous mood...we get to watch Mickey Mouse while we drink our milk.  If he's not...we end up watching the hunting channel or something only men would be interested in! Just recently they have both started wanting to sit in my lap at night and not Justin's.  I kind-of feel sorry for Justin but at the same time...it makes me feel special that they want to cuddle with me before bedtime.  Then, we give each other kisses and Emma always gives Evan a kiss.  Most of the time he just pushes her away...but occasionally he will let her kiss him!  Then, we head to their room for our nightly bedtime bible story.  After story time they each stand up in their crib wanting you to hug them goodnight.  I know they are just putting off going to bed...but nevertheless I love those hugs!!  Here lately when you tell them "I love you", they will say it back and it is absolutely priceless!! Some days when being a mom has been tough or I 've just had a not so good day...this time always reminds me how lucky we are!  We don't have perfect babies but wouldn't trade them for anything in this world!  So, hopefully you all have some special routines with your little ones that you will cherish forever!!  Good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment