Monday, February 25, 2013

Where did the weekend go???


 It can't already be Monday again. Justin is playing basketball tonight, Emma & Evan are sleeping, the dishwasher is running, the washing machine is running, the Bachelor is on, and I am taking a break from folding clothes to blog for a little while. It seems that a mom's work NEVER ends. Between everything I have to do at home added to a full-time job...this momma stays tired!! :) What did the Turner's do this weekend?? Well, Friday we had planned to meet Katie in town for lunch and a little shopping. Emma & Evan changed those plans. When I got home from work, neither of them had taken a nap or eaten lunch...so we were a little later meeting Katie to shop for Colby's & Caroline's birthday presents. Saturday, Katie & I took Emma & Evan to Colby's birthday party. Again, neither of them had much of a morning nap...so I knew this was going to be an adventure. They did really good until right before the party ended. They were now beyond tired and didn't want us telling them no. Emma pitched a little fit while Katie had her. This was Katie's first public experience with a child pitching a fit. She was so embarrassed. I decided that was our key to leave. Thankfully everything was pretty much over by this time. They slept maybe 30 minutes on the way home and that was it for the day. Justin and I had planned to go out for supper Saturday night. I was a little skeptical that we should just get take out and head back home. After the Fatz parking lot was completely packed and the line at Chili's was out the door...we ended up at Cracker Barrel. Not your typical fast food...but it turned great. Emma & Evan did wonderful. I don't brag on them much because just like earlier in the day...they can easily embarrass us...but they did so good. Maybe we should go out more often when they are exhausted. The girls sitting next to us even complimented us on how well behaved they were. We even had a little fun with hats before we left. 

 


Sunday, we had a great service at South Main and ended our Parenting study in Sunday School.  I have absolutely LOVED that study.  I can really see it being something I use in the future with Emma & Evan.  I already catch myself thinking about some of the things we talked about.  We went and ate lunch at momma's and headed to Caroline's party.  Evan feel asleep maybe 5 minutes before we got there.  Emma...not so much!!  Thankfully this party was outside and Emma was able to run around and have fun.  Evan woke up after we had been there probably 10 minutes and joined in on the eating and playing.  They had a great time at both parties.  I had planned to take my camera and take pictures but I have yet to charge my battery.  So, I didn't get any pictures of my sweeties with the birthday babies.  We ended our Sunday with a trip to Wal-Mart. 

That's about it for our weekend.  Hope your's was a fun-filled as ours.  I am looking forward to not having much to do next weekend.  Our mountain trip is coming up soon.  We are READY for a little vacation!!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment