Saturday, August 11, 2012

Where has the time gone...

This post comes way too late!! I can't believe it has already been 8 months and I haven't blogged once.  That is because two babies have CONSUMED my life and every bit of spare time that I have.  It perfetly okay though because I wouldn't have it any other way.  So, what have we been up to these past 8 months???   Well, I'll start with Evan.  He now weighs over 20 pounds and we often refer to him as our little chunky monkey.  He has such a fun but lazy personality.  He constantly keeps us lauging with his crazy faces.  He knows how to entertain!!  He still isn't crawling but he has finally started making an attempt to get on his hands and knees.  Why crawl when you can just lay there until someone picks you up??  I think that is lazy Evan's mentality.  He loves to eat and really isn't a picky child.  Now if he isn't hungry...you might as well not try to feed him but otherwise...he is a good eater.  He is drinking 7oz of formula at a time now.  Still no teeth!!  I am really starting to wonder if they are in there.  He started drooling like crazy around 3 months so I just knew they would come in soon.  WRONG!!!  Here it is 5 months later and still nothing.  He was sleeping through the night but for the past month or so...he cries out several times a night which is why his daddy & I are sleeping in the guest bedroom.  I'm not sure if we will ever get back into our own bed or not.  It's okay...at least they aren't in our bedroom anymore!  They slept in a co-sleep until they were almost 7 months old...which isn't a good idea...but this momma didn't want to part with them until then.  And it was still hard then!!  Evan is such a good baby who can sit, play, & entertain himself. He is becoming a momma's boy and nothing makes me happier!!  On to Emma...She now weighs a little over 17 pounds and still a small/petite little things.  She is definitely going to keep us on our toes.  She has a very curious and rather nosey personality that doesn't allow her to ever be still.  She is constantly moving!!  Since she is now CRAWLING...that has only helped her ability to explore!!  She is the reason we now have baby gates and will soon be getting locks on cabinets.  I can see her now pulling everything out of our cabinets...but considering my parents say I was the same way...she gets it honest!  It's hard to be mad at her for something she got from me! :)  She is the sweetest thing ever!  Very rarely does she not have a smile on her face.  It is a smile that will melt your heart too...just ask her daddy and grandpa...who she already has wrapped around her little finger!!  Emma has turned into a good little eater also.  At first she struggled a lot and practically ate every meal twice because it took her a while to realize her tounge was pushing all the food back out!  We overcame that obstacle and she eats better than Evan now.  I shouldn't say better...just quicker!  Again that is because there are lots of other things she could be doing instead of sitting in the high chair eating!  She still has no teeth either.  We're still hoping sometime soon though.  That is a good litle update of the babies.  I could go on and on...but who has the time??  We have truley been blessed with two very good babies.  I knew that having two babies would be difficult and trust me there were times I wasn't sure I could do this...but we really have no room to complain about our babies.  They are two perfect little miracles that we would trade for anything in this world.  So until next time...I will be washing bottles, clothes, keeping up with Emma and trying to encourage Evan to move!!  Hopefully it won't be as long before my next post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment