Thursday, October 3, 2013

Good Manners...yes please!!

Since Emma & Evan were able to really start talking...we have constantly made them tell us please and thank you.  They were even saying these words before they really knew what they meant.  For example...we would go to hand one of them something and ask them "What do you say?"...in hopes that they would say "Please", but occasionally...we would get "Thank You".  And vice versa.  It didn't really matter because the whole point was to get them into the practice of saying please and thank you.  They finally got the hang of it and will say it now without being asked!  Over the last few months....we have heard the word "NO" a lot!  So when they would tell us "NO"...we'd say "No ma'am".  They didn't really say it at first but we just kept at it.  Today, I got the sweetest text from Emma & Evan's teacher.  She said they both were saying yes & no ma'am today at school, when she would ask them something.  She said she was very proud of how sweet and respectful they are.  That absolutely made my day and I told her that.  Every parent thinks the world of their kids and brags on them constantly...but when someone else brags on your children...it makes you feel special.  We are so blessed that they get to attend Learning Express and have Godly women teaching and taking care of them. Let me tell one more story and that will be all for my bragging session! :)  Monday when I went to pick them up from school, Mrs. Melissa was blowing bubbles and anyone who knows my two knows they LOVE bubbles!!  Of course as soon as Emma saw me she came running yelling "Momma"! This is what she does everyday!  Evan was busy stomping the bubbles.  Once he realized I was standing there...he put whatever he had in his hand on the floor and started running toward me.  Half way between where he was and me...he turned around and went back and picked up the toy he had put on the floor.  He then took it over to the cabinet and put it up.  He pushed the cabinet door closed and started toward me again.  He didn't push it hard enough to close so once again he turned around and went back to shut the cabinet door.  Then he ran to me ready to go.  Mrs. Melissa said "They are my best little helpers, when it comes to cleaning up!"  Not many almost two year olds pick up their toys.  It was another proud momma moment for me.  We work really hard at home on picking up our toys.  I am not one who makes them pick up one toy before they play with something else...but I do like for them to help us clean up before bedtime or before we leave the house.  Now let me just say even though I am bragging on my two babies...I also know they could change and be totally different children tomorrow...but for right now...we are super proud of them!  So do we want our babies to have good manners...Yes please!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment