Thursday, April 16, 2015

Easter...and a few other updates!

Well, I am trying to play catch-up so this blog post may get a little long!!  Let's start with Easter.  Saturday night before Easter on Sunday...we made the Resurrection cookies with Emma and Evan.  They loved being able to help and it was a great way to tell the Easter story to them.  I have a million pictures from that process but I will just post one of my favorites! They love to help cook!

Sunday morning, they got up and the first thing Emma wanted to do was go open the stove to see her cookies.  They didn't rise like they were supposed to...but we were still able to tell them about the empty tomb.  Then, we went to see if the Easter bunny had visited and he had!!  He brought Emma & Evan a sidewalk paint set, new flip flops, new hats and new cups. 
So, they were pretty happy!

They really just wanted to paint!  We all got dressed and attempted picture time before we headed to church.  Picture time isn't fun anymore!  They like to make silly faces and not be serious so that isn't fun when you want a good picture. 
This is the best I could get!  I will take it though!! 

After church we went to my mom's for lunch.  We took family pictures, had an Easter egg hunt, and enjoyed each other!
Our little family!

Us girls with our babies!!

All the grandkids!

The Easter bunny came to MaMa's too!

Then, we headed to Justin's aunts house for an Easter Egg Hunt with all of them.  Emma & Evan had a good time playing with everyone.  There were four puppies there...so Evan was in Heaven!
One of my sweet boy with this puppy!  

Most of the kids at the egg hunt!

This picture just makes me smile!! 


This past weekend we had our annual Easter Egg Hunt with our friends.  Several people weren't able to come but it was a good turnout!  The weather was supposed to be sunny and warm...it was cool and cloudy!  But I think the kids had a good time.  I know mine did!  I thought Alison was taking pictures and she didn't know she was supposed to be...so my pictures from that are limited!! I will share what I have.  It is a fun tradition we look forward to every year!!
The kids getting ready to go!

Lillianna & Farris wanted to play instead of find eggs!

Patton & Brantley are hunting hard!

Warren decided to join the crowd!

And Evan just wanted to play with a cricket!!

Emma & Bennett swinging!!  Yes...she is in the baby swing!


In other Turner news...we have been super busy!  Justin took Evan to the bull-riding last weekend.  Evan had a ball!!  I stayed home with Emma.  Abbey Hope's boyfriend took Evan down to see the bulls.

He loves it and has talked about the bulls and horses non-stop since.  Good thing too because Justin won tickets to the bull-riding this coming weekend in Ward.  So, we are looking forward to going again!! Meg won tickets too so they are going with us!  Evan has another baseball game on Saturday.  He says he is going to play this time because it isn't cold...so we shall see!  I am taking Emma to a princess party at Chick-Fil-A Saturday with Kayla and Lillianna!  Emma is so excited to wear her Frozen dress!  I'm sure there will be pictures of that to come!!  Our pool is coming along!!  It is finished and full of water!!

Since the weather this week was nothing but rain all week...our plan is to pour the concrete next week!  I am so excited about that.  Darnell is going to re-do our deck as soon as the concrete is set.  He is going to put us in a new set of stairs and re-do all the hand rails on the deck.  We will be completely finished in just a few weeks!!  The rain may have postponed the concrete but it sure helped fill up the pool FAST!!  We also had fun painting with our sidewalk paint!!  A little too much fun!!
This child is something else!!

I told you this post was going to be a long one!!  We've had a lot going on!!  I will try to post pictures of our weekend activities soon!!  Hope you all have a good weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment