Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Our little DRAMA queen

From the title you can guess this post is going to be about my sweet Emma.  She fell outside over a week ago and scrapped her hand but you would think from the way she walks around that her arm is broken.  She was actually in the middle of being mean to Evan when she fell.  She snatched his kite and took off running.  She literally cried for probably two hours refusing to move her arm that night.  Don't even think about putting a band-aid on it.  Justin finally just held her over the sink and pour peroxide over her whole hand.  We had to get it clean.  When she forgets about it you will catch her using her hand but as soon as she remembers it is back to acting like it is broken.  She got much better until she hit it on something and it started bleeding and we had to put another band-aid on it.  I think she thinks when a band-aid is on her arm she can't move it.  It is absolutely hilarious the things she had done to keep from using her arm.  Just last night when Justin took Evan's diaper off before bath time...he just laid it on the floor beside his dirty clothes.  When he was cleaning everything up...he asked Emma to bring him the diaper.  Since she already had her bunny in her good arm she proceeded to kick the diaper all the way to the trash can and then just stood there waiting for Justin to pick it up and throw it away!  Like the title says...she is my little DRAMA queen!  Well, we had a fun weekend this past weekend.  We had a girls night out on Friday night.  I haven't been out with just the girls in a while.  We had supper and went to Paint and Pour.  We painted crosses.  Mine turned out horrible.  It has actually already been thrown away because it won't be making an appearance anywhere in this house!  We had a good time though.  When I got home...much to my surprise my sweetheart was vacuuming our bedroom.  He had also cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed Emma's room, Evan's room, the den, and folded clothes.    I tell you he is such a sweet heart.  He could care less about cleaning the house...but he does it to help me.  Saturday morning Justin went turkey hunting and we played outside from 9:30 until lunch and nap time.  One of the things E&E love to do is bury Cody's feet.  Cody loves the attention so it is a win win situation!
This will be the only picture on the blog this time but you can see the beginning of burying Cody's paw.  My phone died right after I took this or I would have another picture!
Saturday afternoon we went to Lowe's and I got my spring flowers and ferns.  I love this time of year.  Without flowers and ferns my house is dull!  It looks like spring now.  We did pull up our shrubbery last week...so even though the front is bare...it won't be for long!  We have the paint for our porch floor and railings so once all this pollen is gone...I have a lot of painting to do!  Our door is officially in and the wall has been painted.  After it was painted I decided it was too bare and we needed something else on that wall.  Justin disagreed but you know him...he doesn't care what I do.  So, I of course found this picture on Pinterest and have already ordered me some curtains.  
Granted we don't have the wains coating or the crown molding...but other than that...this could be our den!  I will post a picture of it after my curtains arrive.  That's about it for our last  week/weekend update.    We have a busy weekend ahead.  We are taking Emma & Evan to their first bull riding Friday night.  Abbey has been showing videos to Evan on her phone and Evan informed her that he wanted to ride a bull.  I have news for that little fella...he best choose another profession because Bull Riding isn't going to be what he does!!  I do think he will love it though.  Then, Saturday while Justin is turkey hunting...I think we might go to the Miracle League game at the Burton Center.  Mrs. Melissa, E&E's preschool teacher's son is going to be playing that day along with another Learning Express teachers son.  So, we are going to show our support for them.  And then Saturday afternoon/evening...we have our monthly Sunday school fellowship at the McGee's.  We are doing an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids.  It should be a good time.  Then, the next weekend is Easter.  For Administrative Professional day...which is later in April...our boss got us all tickets to the Casting Crowns concert which is April 19th...the Saturday before Easter.  I thought that was such a neat gift.  We are really looking forward to going.  The weekend after Easter we are supposed to have our 2nd annual Easter Egg Hunt with our friends and their kids.  That is still in the works.  Then, the next weekend are Emma & Evan's portraits and our trip to Atlanta.  We have a lot coming up but it's all fun stuff!  Hope you guys are having a wonderful week and if you see Emma walking around like her arm is broken...just know she is fine!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment