Wednesday, April 30, 2014

2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Well, this is my third attempt at writing this blog.  Between my allergy medicine that makes me extremely tired and a busy life...I have fallen asleep the last two nights trying to work on this blog!  It's happening tonight though!  Last weekend we had our 2nd annual Easter Egg Hunt. The weather was perfect and I think everyone had a good time.  Here are a few snap shots Justin took!  



Daisy even came to the Easter Egg Hunt.  She did really good with all the little kids wanting to pet her!

Katie did a wonderful job on the food!  Chef Katie is what we should call her!! :)

And they were off...

Patton is working away!

Bennett looking for some eggs!

Abi is inspecting what is in her bag!

Evie & Easton in action!

Brantley found one!

Emma found the chocolate in her eggs!

Easton checking out what was in his egg!

Colby doing the same thing!  I told Justin not to put candy in those eggs!

Look at the chocolate mouth!  She definitely loves candy!

Making good use of MaMa & PaPa's new swing...even if it wasn't put up yet!

Emma Grace was thinking next year I get to join in on the fun!

My sweet pea eating his grits! He actually looks like he is about to start preaching! :)

Playing with Daisy!

And again!  Evan LOVES Daisy!

Those were just a few of the pictures.  Doesn't it look like it was fun???  Saturday afternoon we spread our last truckload of mulch and Justin finally got the hand rails up on the front porch.  I will have to take a picture once we are finished!  We are wanting to paint the whole porch again...rails and flooring but we need to pressure wash the house first and get rid of all that pollen.  We are trying to work that in our schedule...plus we have two pallets of flooring sitting in our garage that needs to be put down!  I am thinking Memorial Day weekend might be a perfect LONG weekend to work on that.  I was hoping to have a cookout that weekend but we'll see!  Our plans for this weekend are almost complete.  Evan is so excited  I have asked him several times what we are going to do this weekend and he tells me about all the animals he plans to see!  Looks like we are going to have perfect weather!  I have to make a confession!  I did something this week that I swore I would NEVER do!  I bought Emma & Evan book bags that have a leash! I absolutely HATE seeing children on leashes...but I think it will be much easier than fighting them all day!  They can't sit in their strollers and see the animals and I don't want to try to constantly make them hold our hands...so this was the only solution!  Granted they are book bags and not those stuffed animals that you see most kids wearing!  And they can carry their own drink, snacks, and diapers!  So...when I post pictures next week just be aware that I still HATE the leashes but that Emma & Evan were able to walk by themselves and me still have control over them!  Teacher appreciation week is next week and I am already working on our teacher gifts.  I found them on Pinterest!  I can't wait to share them with you next week after we give them to our teacher!  Just tonight as I was asking Emma & Evan who loved them...Evan's first response was Jesus.  Emma's response was "teacher"...which is what she calls her teacher.  Not the answers I was looking for...but they were both correct!  We appreciate their little teachers so much for all they are doing in helping Emma & Evan grow not only mentally & physically but also spiritually!!  Well, the dishes are calling my name and the dryer buzzer just went off so housework needs to be done!  I'll be back soon with our weekend update from Atlanta!  Hope everyone has a good rest of the week and that you along with me are thanking God that bad weather dodged us today!!  Good night!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment