Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Days...

This is going to be a quick little post because I have lots I need to be doing during E&E's naptime and that doesn't include blogging! :)  I am sending lots of their clothes to the Switcharoo's consignment sale in Greenville to sale and have to have them ready to go by Monday and I haven't even started.  I've only known about this since the beginning of June! I didn't know August would be here this fast!! :)  We have been busy this week catching up from vacation.  Works been busy, home life has been busy, & of course E&E STAY busy!!  It was back to school this week and thanks to Jillian...that wasn't as big of a nightmare as I thought it would be.  We've spent lots of afternoons playing outside on the play set and enjoying the beautiful weather.  We even had a treat one night with ice cream.  I love some good ice cream!!  Wednesday afternoon I thought we'd try water balloons.  Every time we have gone in Old Navy lately...E&E have gotten balloons and loved them.  So, I thought this would be fun.  Apparently, water balloons don't burst unless they are REALLY full of water.  I didn't fill them up very much and it was all I could do to get them to burst.  I ended up cutting two of them and squirting E&E because no matter how hard I threw them...they just bounced!  Anyways...here are a couple pictures from our afternoon. 

 
Our "too small" water balloons! :)
 
Evan squeezing one of the balloons!
 
 Emma giving her balloon a good toss!


They weren't too sure what to do when I finally got one to burst.  She just picked up the pieces and looked at me!
 
Evan enjoying squirting himself with the ones I had to end up cutting holes in!
 
 
Oh well...it wasn't quite as much fun as I thought it would be...but hey it was memories!!  We have a busy weekend ahead.  We are meeting Justin's brother & sister-in-law in Newberry tonight for supper and then Saturday we are getting some thing done around the house.  The building out back now has water, electricity, & lights.  So, now it is time for all that stuff in my garage to make it's way back to the building!  Plus, we are hoping to paint our deck soon next weekend...so all this building mess has to be finished.  I am sure we will find sometime to add a little swimming to our day!  Hope you have a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment