Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 29

Well, after a brief hospital stay, a quick trip back to the hospital & numerous doctor's visits...we are still here!!  The past 4 weeks have been quite the trying time!!  We went from moderate bed rest to permanent bedrest with only being able to get up for 5 minutes at a time.  Last time I updated I had gotten a positive FFN test and was given the steroid shots.   At week 26 weeks 6 days, I went for another cervical length ultrasound.  My cervix had shortened to 1.5 cm.  Dr. Carter sent me to the hospital for monitoring.  Good thing he did because I was having contractions and didn't even know it.  So, they started me on medicine ad kept me over night for more monitoring.  The next day, I had another ultrasound to see how big the babies were. At this point I was exactly 27 weeks.  Evan measured 29 weeks and weighed 2.8 lbs.  Emma measured 28 weeks and weighed a little over 2 lbs.  My cervix was still closed and both babies were still high.  They sent me home with a recheck that following Friday...2 days later. Dr. Beaudrot wouldn't check me on Fiday because of all that had been done earlier in the week.  So, he scheduled me an appointment with Dr. Carter for the next Wednesday.  Early that Tuesday morning, the contractions seemed to be coming quite often, so Dr. Forest wanted me to go to the hospital again.  They got my contractions stopped and told me to start taking the medicine every 4 hours instead of every 6. They also repeated the FFN test and it came back NEGATIVE!!!  That was a huge relief because that meant labor was highly unlikely for 2 weeks.  Since I was 27 weeks, 6 days...that would almost take us to 30 weeks.  Since then, I have had 2 more doctor's appointmets.  Cervix is still closed and babies are still high!  We are  just hoping it stays that way for about 5 more weeks!!  :)  I did get to have one of my showers.  Katie, Alison, Lauren, Shelia, Meg & Angela hosted it at Lauren's house.  I had to lay on the couch the whole time...but I was there!!  We got lots of good things including my favorite..the bath tub!! I didn't get to take any pictures but Angela did, so I hope she will make me copies.  So, for now, we are staying at mommas and taking it easy!! Both babies are very active and are wiggling around as I type!!  They are such precious miracles that we can't wait to meet!!  Well...we can wait a few more weeks...but we are very excited about seeing them!! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment