Sunday, April 13, 2014

Bulls, Horses, Baseball, Egg Hunts, Mules, & Rabbits... that was our weekend!

I don't know why I am even trying to update this blog tonight.  I am exhausted and need to be going to bed!  We went to our first rodeo this weekend.  That was an adventure!  They were real interested at first but then it was just madness watching them run around.  Our kids like freedom a little too much!  Evan had been talking about riding the bull and horses all week.  Do you think he would even get near the bull...no!  He was excited about the horses and didn't mind petting them but he wanted no part of the bull.  They had fun playing with Warren & Bennett though.  We stayed to the end which was LATE for us.  I think we ended up getting home at like 10:45.  That is even past my bedtime!      
Waiting on the rodeo to start.  Emma can hang with the boys like a champ!

                
My sweet pea watching the bull riding and my two guys taking it all in!  I just love these two!!
Saturday morning...of course Justin went hunting.  Learning Express was helping out at the Miracle League game...so we went to watch.  We got there a little after 10:00.  A guy that use to work with us at D&F is very involved there.  He caught me a soon as we walked up and talked to us the whole time.  He is in charge of driving the train around and talked us into going for a ride!  Emma & Evan loved it.  Plus...we got to see the rodeo horses as we rode around the Burton Center.  It was a beautiful morning to be outside and watching such a special event.  Those kids are so excited to be out there playing.  Just seeing them makes you realize how much we take for granted.  All of them have some kind of disability...but they are much happier than most healthy people in this world!  I was truly blessed!!

     
Here we go on the train ride.  We got off the train right as the game was ending...so we packed up to leave.  Since I knew it would be a few minutes before Justin got home we stopped by MaMa & PaPa's for a quick visit.  Evan and PaPa practiced throwing the ball since he had just been to a ballgame and was talking about it so much.  He is actually getting much better at throwing!  He might be a baseball player after all! :)  Emma tried to throw the ball but sadly like her momma she has NO aim.  You never knew where her ball was going.  She ended up helping MaMa clean out her flowers and then proceeded to play in the bird bath water.  She's a character I tell ya!!  


We headed home and got there just a few minuted before Daddy got home.  Still no turkey! :(  We are still working on our shrubbery out front...so we headed to Landscape Supply to get some top soil.  Once we got home and the kids, rather just kid because Emma refused to nap, down for their naps...Justin went to work spreading the top soil.  Me & Emma watched and started getting ready for our Sunday School outing.  Every month we get together and this month we had an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids and then grilled hot dogs for supper at the McGee's house.  I did take a few pictures of my sweeties before we left but that is it!  I left my phone in the car and didn't take any pictures while we were there.  It was such a good time.  They let the little kids hunt first, then the big kids.  Then Ashley did the story with the 12 eggs for all the kids.  Then, we ate!  It was a beautiful afternoon and the McGee's have the perfect backyard for kids to play in.  We had a good crowd with LOTS of kids!  

                  

My sweet peas with their monogrammed baskets...made by me!!  They looked precious if I do say so my self!!  After we left we headed by Lowe's to get my shrubbery.  I knew it was supposed to rain early on in the week and I wanted them planted.  Since we didn't have any other time...this was it to pick up the shrubbery.  It was close to 8:00 and E&E were exhausted.  Emma especially since she decided to boycott naptime!  We got the shrubbery though!  Today after church and lunch Chubby brought his new toy over to ride E&E around at MaMa & PaPa's.  He bought a wagon, two new mules, and the whole get-up!  So, they petted the mule's and hopped up in the wagon for a ride.  Evan sat by Chubby but Justin had to stand in the back with Emma.  She still wasn't sure about all this.  She warmed up though.  They rode around the pasture probably a good 30 minutes.  I thought when they came back Evan was almost asleep.  This was getting close to nap time!  After the trip Chubby told Justin he could put Evan up on the mule and much to our surprise he wanted too.  That isn't like Evan.  He loves to pet animals but not ride them.  He loved it though and didn't want to get down.  They had a lot of fun riding in the wagon!  
              

We headed home for nap time and for Justin to start working on planting my shrubbery.  Well, he decided to watch the Master's and then Aaron called wanting to go get the rabbits the kids are getting for Easter.  Well, here it is 10:00 and Justin is just now getting home.  Needless to say my shrubbery didn't get planted! :(  It will though.  Let me introduce to you Daisy.  The newest member of the Turner clan!  I guess this is Daisy.  They got three rabbits and they all look alike.  She is staying at Aaron's parents house with his rabbits until Saturday.  How cute is she??  Emma & Evan will love her. 
 
Justin didn't take the greatest picture.  No worries though- I will on Easter morning.  So, that my friends is why I am exhausted.  We have been busy!  So, I'm going to bed!  Hope you have a good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment