Thursday, March 6, 2014

Finally...a movie night

When Justin and I got our new TV a couple weeks ago...we just thought we were getting a normal TV.  However what we got was a smart TV.  It will do all kinds of things we didn't even know it would do.  Just last week, we figured out the Netflix feature.  And boy have we been watching some movies...kid movies that is.  We have watched The Fox & the Hound, Charlotte's Web, the real version of 101 Dalmatians, The Fox & the Hound 2 (I don't recommend that one!), Robin Hood, Beethoven's Big Break...you get the picture.  Justin has even watched a few himself but tonight we FINALLY got to watch October Baby!  I have been wanting to see that movie for a while now.  Thankfully Emma & Evan went to bed pretty easy tonight with no crying...so it allowed us to watch the movie.  If you have never seen it...I highly recommend it but be sure to have a BOX of tissues ready!  I never imagined I would have cried as much as I did.  I guess since adoption has become so real to our family...that it just is so encouraging to see a child's life changed by adoption!  I have always been against abortion and will be until the day I die.  To me...it is considered a baby at conception.  It takes a strong person to make the final decision on adoption and takes even more special people to love someone else's child as their own.  The one line in that movie that is still stuck in my head, is when she turns back to her adoptive father and tells him "Thanks for wanting me".  It makes me cry again just typing this! It just breaks my heart to think there are kids out there who go their whole life feeling unwanted!  This has been a tough week for us at school.  Evan has misbehaved A LOT!!  He was even sent out of the classroom twice in one day (remember he is only there 4 hours a day) for misbehaving.  Emma even chimed in one day and got in trouble with him!  Even with all that going on...there was never a time that I didn't still love them to pieces!  I may not have liked what they were doing and stressed myself out trying to figure out how to stop them from acting like that...but there will never be a day that I don't love those two kids with my whole heart!  They aren't perfect...even though I want them to be...and they are sure to disappoint me.  I have expectations for them that all parents have but we are all humans and are going to make mistakes.  How reassuring is it to know that God feels that same way about us!  We don't ever have to feel unloved or unwanted because of things we have done in life or mistakes we have made!  He may not like what we are doing but He never stops loving us and that is something to be excited about!  I hope you guys have a great night and if you are looking for a good movie to watch...make it October Baby!! :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment