Saturday, December 7, 2013

Hollywild...

Well, I promised an update on the Hollywild trip.  It wasn't near as much fun as I thought it would be.  Don't get me wrong...we had a great time...Evan was just terrified of the animals and that was a disappointment.  Evan LOVES animals especially cows.  Actually we bribe him with the cows at my parents house all the time.  So, I just knew this would be something he loved.  I also knew this wouldn't be something Emma liked but I wouldn't dare leave her at home.  So, here is how the night went.  We left Greenwood about 5:15.  We stopped at Zaxby's for supper and headed on to Hollywild.  We all piled in the back of the truck.  I left Emma in the front with Justin because like I said before...I knew she wouldn't be a fan of the animals coming up to her.  We started down the lighted path and everything was going good.   Here is a picture of all of us loaded up in the back.  Even baby Adrian was back there. 
 
And a picture of me with my sweet boy!!
 
Evan was fine until he saw the first cow and he panicked!  Granted this was the largest cow EVER!!!  What do you think??
         
So, I put him up front with Justin as well.  Bennett did great with the animals and wasn't scared at all.  After a while a zebra came over to us and I got a picture of him.
Then, I realized I should probably go up front with the rest of my family!  This is what I saw when I got up front.  Emma refused to get out of her car seat.  She was hiding her face saying "NO".

Evan was much more relaxed up there but he still didn't want the animals coming up to him.  I guess he only likes animals at a distance.  Or maybe he felt safer with his Daddy!  I will admit...his momma wasn't a fan of the animals either.  Especially when they are that big!
 


Emma even lightened up and got out of her car seat toward the end of the trip.  After we left the field, we went to walk around the area with more animals.  Evan still wouldn't have much to do with the animals.  So, see it wasn't the trip I had expected but we had a good night hanging with friends and their sweet babies!! 
 
In other news...we went to the fabric place in Williamston today and it was definitely worth the drive.  I have all the stuff I need for Emma's room now.  We have fabric for curtains and pillows, new sheets, new wall hangings, and ribbon for her initials.
  I can't wait to get it all up. I have painted her initials and tied them up with the ribbon and hung the wall hanging.  And of course I took a picture of the initials...because I LOVE them!! 
I will be sure to post more pictures after my mom gets the curtains made.  I also was very crafty Friday afternoon and made me a Christmas wreath!  This is WAY unnormal for me!! I don't do things like this.  I normally just get Katie to do it for me.  It really turned out good though!  Don't you think???


It looks way better in person though!!  Anyways...that was our weekend!  Hope you guys have had a good weekend!!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment