Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The days of our lives...

We have had a busy weekend.  Friday was Katie & Matt's 5th anniversary.  So, they had plans to go out of town for the weekend.  However, Matt had a class in Greenville, so after I got off work I ran home packed up the babies, picked up momma & Katie and we headed to Greenville for a trip by the Greenville zoo.  Emma once again wasn't too interested in the animals but Evan loved it.  I had never been to the Greenville zoo so it was a fun experience.  Here are a few pictures from our day.



Checking out the elephants!


Looking at the turtles!


Emma attempting to feed this chicken. She would have had a heart attack if it had actually taken that cracker out of her hand!

Evan throwing his cracker to the ducks!

Feeding the goats.  Notice how far back Emma is!

This isn't why we brought momma along!

Emma's favorite part of the trip...snacks!!

He was taking it all in!

And Uncle Matt arrived!
Matt met us at the zoo when his class was over and they headed off to the mountains.  Me & Momma headed home!  Then, Saturday, Justin finally got the house pressure washed.  We have been saying we were going to do it for two years now and are just now getting to it.  I took a picture of Justin in the process.  Don't you think the house needed a good washing??
 
 Then, Saturday afternoon/night a guy Justin works with invited us over for a cookout.  So, we all swam a while, then ate, & just sat around and talked while the kids played.  It was a fun night.  I was a little nervous because I didn't really know a lot of the people there and the ones I did know I have only been around a few times.  I am not one to just go up and meet new people but this forced me to step out of my comfort zone and it ended up being fun!  However Justin didn't win the father of the year award that night.  He let both Emma & Evan go completely under the water and let Emma fall out of the swing.  Thankfully they survived both though and this momma wasn't too mad at him!!  Sunday was about like usual.  We taught Sunday school for Katie & Matt.  I am not the teacher type but the kids were very good!  Sunday afternoon a guy from Charleston came and bought the lawn mower.  Not really sure this lawn mower was worth a three hour drive but apparently him and his wife like to get out on Sunday's and ride.  It really didn't matter to me because I just wanted the lawn mower sold.  Sunday night...I started feeling horrible.  After our evening swim, we came in to bath E&E and get them ready for bed.  My head started killing me.  Monday morning I woke up and my throat was so sore I couldn't even swallow.  I went on in to work because Maya is off on vacation the first part of this week.  I managed to stick it out through lunch but then I headed home.  Thankfully I was able to sneak in with E&E seeing me and stay hidden in my room for the rest of the afternoon.  I did end up going to the doctor and have another sinus infection.  So, of course that was another round of antibiotics!  So, that brings us to today.  I have to catch you guys up and some of the things E&E are doing right now.  Some are fun and some are not so fun!  Evan has learned to pout!  If he isn't his mother made over!!  I was the queen of pouting.  If he gets mad, he doesn't say a word...he just stares at the ground and doesn't move.  It is quite funny.  I actually would rather have the pouting he does though over the screaming Emma does if she doesn't get her way.  Boy that girl has some good lungs!!  They are talking all the time anymore!  Just a few weeks ago I shared on Facebook a funny Evan story.  So, I thought I'd share it here and then add one to it.  I can't remember what day of the week this was, but one morning I knew Evan was awake because he was in their room whining on and off  but I wasn't ready to get up yet...so I was just ignoring him.  (Don't judge me...this was like 5:30 in the morning).  As we were laying in the bed, we heard him say in the middle of his whining "Down, please" come over the monitor.  We have been teaching him to tell us when he wants to get down from his high chair and apparently he was telling us he wanted down from his crib.  It was hilarious!  I thought that was pretty smart of him.  Of course, it got him what he wanted.  Well, this morning about 4:00, he starts crying.  Normally our routine would be to just go get him and put him in our bed.  Since, I wasn't feeling too well still Justin decided to rock him in the den.  About 5:00 he tried to go lay Evan back down.  As soon as his head his the crib he started screaming again.  Justin just headed on back to our room and we tried to wait out the screaming.  About 20 minutes later in the midst of the screaming we heard him say "Please".  Like he was begging us to come get him.  Of course, we started laughing and Justin headed back in their room to get him.  He is one smart little 1-year old.  They are learning so many new things and it is just amazing to watch them grow and learn.  Well, that's about it for what we've been up too.  We are going to buy our stain for the deck tomorrow.  Justin has a fun weekend ahead of him!!  Then, Thursday we are off to the Switcharoo's consignment sale in Greenville.  Hopefully we will find lots of things again this time!  Check back to see the deck progress!  I know it's going to look awesome!!  Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment